The problem I see
When Microsoft hast to develop and support 5 totally different versions of Windows 8 it will have even more problems than Vista had.
Same IE on 5 Versions of Windows? Or do they do it like today. One for CE, one for WinPhone7 and two to three for Windows on Intel?
Even the track record for keeping .net in sync over different platforms isn't that promising.
Since my customers just started moving from XP to Win7, I'm not panicking, but I expect to run a lot of virtual desktops not too far in the future.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…