Why you want interlaced mode
If a camera shoots in interlaced mode at the same field (frame) rate as progressive, I often go for interlaced.
Why? Because you can then use a bob+weave deinterlace to get double framerate footage, for silky smooth slow motions. Done well, image quality doesn't suffer too much either, especially at high resolutions.
With this camera, you could do a 25FPS movie with quarter speed slowmos at full frame rate. In 1080p HD. Mmmm nice :)
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion