Why you want interlaced mode
If a camera shoots in interlaced mode at the same field (frame) rate as progressive, I often go for interlaced.
Why? Because you can then use a bob+weave deinterlace to get double framerate footage, for silky smooth slow motions. Done well, image quality doesn't suffer too much either, especially at high resolutions.
With this camera, you could do a 25FPS movie with quarter speed slowmos at full frame rate. In 1080p HD. Mmmm nice :)
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks