Why you want interlaced mode
If a camera shoots in interlaced mode at the same field (frame) rate as progressive, I often go for interlaced.
Why? Because you can then use a bob+weave deinterlace to get double framerate footage, for silky smooth slow motions. Done well, image quality doesn't suffer too much either, especially at high resolutions.
With this camera, you could do a 25FPS movie with quarter speed slowmos at full frame rate. In 1080p HD. Mmmm nice :)
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it