Note this is £50m on 3 *months* business
That's better than 43% profit margin.
The book "Fabless semiconductor implementation" by Kumar indicates that a profit margin of 30-50% is usual in this industry. So a bit above the industry mean.
Tesco do about 6% while there competitors in the rest of Europe do about 5% for comparison.
I *like* ARM.
But I just wish there were more companies *like* it rather that it seeming to be the *sole* successful example of a *lasting* and growing UK wafererless fab. Zetex got bought by Diodes In of Texas some time back so I don't think there are *any* UK owned wafer fab operations *left* in the UK.*
*But I'd happily be proven wrong.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging