End of antivirus
No way can any security business intelligently analyse this number of new threats per day. I expect the leading firms have automated difference detectors using numerous virtual machines to check samples out. As to the quality of signatures generated by such means when this malware morphs at that kind of frequency, well that's anyone's guess.
There has to be a better way of protecting systems than being able to detect everything that might be bad. How about having a group of people sign a large and useful enough collection of software known to be good ? Put this signed code into a repository, making it so your operating system can easily install from tens of thousands of such signed applications which meet all likely needs and making it so only relatively expert users find it easy to install anything else ? Now where did I hear about this approach before ?
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops