The value of simplicity is greatly exaggerated
Come on, the 20% of the population that *really* prefer simplicity is already being milked by apple. Trying to squeeze into this market is futile. But, there is much bigger market - 80% who say that they want the thing to "just work" but in reality love complexity, love an opportunity to play with a sophisticated toy. This effect is proven by the success of Windows. And by housewives preferring washing machines with more knobs than needed to do the laundry. And TV remotes with more buttons than a qwerty keyboard.
That's why I think the Unity effort is misguided, and so is Matt's advice.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops