back to article Iron Mountain's eDiscovery made 2010 a rusty mess

Iron Mountain's 2010 business was badly affected by mismanagement of its eDiscovery business, which lead to a $284m impairment charge. Iron Mountain's revenues for the fourth quarter of its 2010 financial year were flat at $789m, just 1.2 per cent up on the year-ago quarter's $779m. Net income was $33m, down almost a half on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. K
    FAIL

FAIL

Iron Mountain used to be a high quality company and rightly charged a premium for it, but last year they completely blundered a customer service restructuring. Which made it impossible to talk to the right person, it felt more like speaking to a call centre in India. After several incidents of them failing to communicate and deliver, we quickly dropped them..

All I can say is, I hope this teaches them a lesson.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IM - We're big. We don't have to care.

Amazing to see the attitude they have toward customers, especially smaller ones like me.

We dropped their email archiving late last year, we're a month away from dropping their offsite tape storage, and about 9 months from being able to drop their paper records storage. So we've gone from using IM for all our archiving/off-site storage for years and years to a non-customer in less than a year. Why? Because they raise prices at will (and have the gall to send a letter explaining that it "reduces confusion" about their pricing structure), provide zero customer service (I told my rep we were dropping them after the last price increase - took him almost a month to even answer), and because they generally treat their customers as walking wallets that have no choice but to use them. Wrong.

For anyone still using IM, get out of your comfort zone and look around. You'll then realize how badly you're being screwed and how awful their service has become.

Anonymous, because I don't have all my stuff back from them yet.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I thought it was a government agency.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/happy_32.png The USIS (United States Investigation Services) has its headquarters in IM's underground facility in Pennsylvania. The tape I saw made it seem as though Iron Mountain was/is something like Warehouse 13 on the SciFi channel. If you are having trouble with them it could be any one of several things, one of which leaps to mind immediately--the goory. If something should go wrong with the goory, then everything else in the Warehouse will misbehave and it might take the understaffed warehouse personnel weeks to respond to your reasonable requests in a timely fashion.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like