back to article Park the Mario Kart, and throw your keys in the bowl

We Dare is a new game, for the Wii and PS2 and out later this year, that invites players to use motion-sensing consoles in a rather more adult way than previous titles. Gaming blog Kotaku, who spotted the forthcoming release, reckons it's a sex party in a box, which isn't as far from the truth as one might hope. We Dare …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dan 109
    Dead Vulture

Title

Surely PS3?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PS2 move

Retro kinky gaming ?

3. Shaun 1

Move

"(PS2 players need the Move accessory)"

Move remote is for PS3

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LOL

How shit is that!

5. Neil Lofts

PS2?

Ummm... Isn't the Move a PS3 accessory?

6. Tom_

dot dot dot

CRINGE.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I shall post a serious comment....

.... just as soon as i've finished cringing.

8. Fragile.dog
    FAIL

PS2?

Don't you mean PS3? :P

9. Si 1
    FAIL

I'm probably not the first to bring this up, but...

PS2 Move? You mean PS3 Move, shirley?

10. Gordon861

Early April the First?

They have got to be kidding.

Ubisoft site describes it as 'Sexy Party Game' and yet it has a 'Pegi 12' rating.

Grab the popcorn and wait for the Daily Mail and the Tories to see this, this is gonna be fun.

1. Bill Neal
      Unhappy

Old

seen it.

hasn't anyone seen Warioware?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Pirate

Daily Mail

They already have covered it, with many mothers 'out raged'.

11. Greg J Preece

Or you could just

Sod the games console, go upstairs and shag. Jesus.

I always thought the Wii MP controller in its big rubber sheath looked more like a sex toy than the Move. Especially in black. When I got my black Wii, I almost immediately started referring to it as the Wii Dildo.

Doesn't the Wiimote have a vibe motor too...

1. LuMan
      Joke

WHAT!!!???

<phew> For a moment there I thought you were suggesting we go upstairs and shag Jesus!! Must alter the res of this monitor - it's blurring out full stops!

1. Greg J Preece

Wanna know what's worse?

"<phew> For a moment there I thought you were suggesting we go upstairs and shag Jesus!! Must alter the res of this monitor - it's blurring out full stops!"

Slightly worse, I nearly misspelled it Jess, which isn't a problem until you consider that the only Jess I know is my cousin.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Thumb Up

Re: Wanna know what's worse?

Win for not being anon!!

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

re. WHAT!!!???

I was more worried about him suggesting sodomising the console; that slot's very narrow, and none of the ports at the back look any better.

1. squilookle
          Joke

re:re. WHAT!!!???

"It's my sex box... and her name is Sony!"

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

@squilookle

Shirley the sexbox is a Microsoft product?

3. Anonymous Coward
        Paris Hilton

Re: LuMan

"Want to get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus."

2. Greg J Preece

Oh man, why didn't I think of that before?

Nintendildo! It's so obvious!

I feel stupid for not having thought of that wordmangle earlier.

1. BorkedAgain
        Coat

Or...

Diltendo?

1. MrDamage Silver badge
          Paris Hilton

Depending on where and how the remote is inserted...

The Distendo

2. Bakunin

Or ...

Konkey Dong?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

tit-le

Does the PS3 Move have the rumble pack in it?

Paris, well because..

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Adults only?

I was already cringing when I saw Wii Watersports in my local games store...

14. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Wow..

In one party game they are shuffing the remote down the crack of their arse.. In another they are kissing the remote, bet that must taste real nice.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You do wash your arse crack.....

Don't you?

1. Anonymous Coward
        WTF?

Re: washing

Not every two minutes I don't.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Good point.

I'll wait for the Kinect version.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ANd this will...

..get approved how?

Can't see Nintendo letting this loose on the console, or MS and probebrly not Sony either....

16. Chris Young
    Coat

Finally ...

... the reason I've been looking for to persuade SWMBO of the need for a console.

I shall end the week a happy man ...

17. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

It'll be the end of gaming!

You know what like the yanks are, you can have as much violence as you want but as soon as ssshhhhh, s...e...x is mentioned they throw a wobbler! Especially as the Wii is very much a kiddies console. I guess it's just electronic Kiss, Cuddle or Torture though. Wow, that sounds bad these days lol

18. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

burn the controller

Your kids will have to burn the controller after those shenanigans.

1. Studley
      Coffee/keyboard

bum the controller

You know how "burn" can sometimes look like "bum" in sans-serif fonts? This is one of those very unfortunate situations.

19. leon stok
    Paris Hilton

@AC

Yes, the move controller has rumble, and can change colour to a suitable deep purple.

Though seeing how Buzz already takes pictures with the Eyetoy at 'key moments' , heaven forbid they combined this with facebook image upload integration in this game.

20. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Disgusting and not at all sexy

A lame attempt to capitalise on the word "sex" with minimal risk and effort.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Stop

@Vlad

Oh please, it's funny as hell.

21. CD001

Being

Being as it's from Ubisoft it'll doubtless require an always on internet connection to "play" - it might occasionally pop up a message on screen saying "we know what you're doing ... " or something.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So this accessory allows you to strap the controller where?

It might get Jacqui Smiths husband off the pr0n and reinitialize their marriage.

23. Cunningly Linguistic
    Paris Hilton

Cue the...

...Nintendo Rampant Rabbit.

24. DelM
    FAIL

blocked in my country

Geesh, "This video contains content from Ubisoft, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." How annoying is that? And how anti-fair-use?

Perhaps I should move to an open country, like Libya.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

'Pegi 12'

sounds like she's under-age mate, you better grab your coat and move on.

26. Dr Unken

Uhhh.....

Sex-Wii?

27. Big Al
    Alert

Coincidence? I think not!

The first 'parental code' shown on the page at the end is 6969...

28. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Pathetic "copyright infringement" !!

Come on Ubi-soft. You really are being lame here!!!

Why the hell would you run an advertising campaign then stop people doing your advertising for you, for free !!!!

Just because you don't plan on releasing the game in the US is no reason to uni-laterally block US access to seeing the advertisement !!!

Lame, Lame, Pathetic !!!

29. MooseMonkey

Twister is dead

Obviously it is not the done thing to just chuck your keys in a bowl these days, so it saves you having twister in the house to start your party.

That will be why they insist you put the rubber cover on the controller, safe Wii'ing or no Wii'ing

30. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

This seems highly inappropriate...

...for a children's toy.

31. Peter Murphy
    Thumb Down

Nice double standard, Ubisoft!

Lesbians are ok, but gay men are too icky to appear in ads.

32. Brennan Young
    Thumb Up

Tittle must cuntain bums and/or pricks

At first I was thinking that this kind of mild horseplay was a bit daft. If you want a sex party, then have one, for goodness sake, but I suppose I am not in the target group. It will probably be a hit with anxious teenagers who desperately need an excuse to say things like 'insert this long hard object down your pants'.

In my day we had to make our own entertainment. (Spin the bottle, postman's knock, kiss chase, felch the bulldog etc. All non-electronic and requiring only the most simple equipment).

I do think it could be an interesting new trend, and I'd like to see them make a much kinkier version, using the glam rock aesthetic from games like guitar hero, and of course the game should come with a pack of wipes.

33. Peter Hewitt
    Coat

Ban this sick filth

I note that the inevitable has occured:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1360784/Wii-game-We-Dare-given-12-rating-despite-sexual-nature-play.html

"A new ‘sexy party’ computer game has outraged parents with lurid adult content which they claim will encourage orgies and under-age sex."

Fantastic.

Btw, if you view the video on youtube itself rather than embedded there are a selection of increasingly desperate aternative endings. Woo.

Mine's the one with the wiimote in the pocket that's pleased to see you.

34. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

Missing remote

"The PS2 Move has already been described as an Wii remote designed to look more like a sex toy, "

[Sigh] Just one more place I'll have to look for a missing remote.

35. Arthur Jackson
    Paris Hilton

Charles Aznavour

Youtube, Nintendo Shii.wmv

36. Urh
    Paris Hilton

I'm kinda surprised...

...on three levels. First, I'm surprised that family-friendly Nintendo would allow a third party developer to develop something like this for the Wii (although I will concede that they have been letting their hair down slowly over the years - they're nowhere near as squeamish about blood and guts as they used to be); second I'm surprised that it's taken so long for the "party game" genre to finally go "adult" (I guess motion controls were what really got the ball rolling), and finally I'm surprised that something with such saucy marketing has only a PG rating. Please note that I said surprised, not shocked - I've got no problem with a little titillation, but I'd be more embarrassed than titillated playing something like We Dare. As far as "adult" games go, this is one of the most juvenile I've come across.

Who knows, if this game turns out to be a big hit without being too controversial the three console manufacturers will all be scrambling to develop a breathalyser peripheral. I can see it now, "Coming in summer 2012 from Ubisoft: We Drink!"

Paris because she always dares.

This topic is closed for new posts.