back to article Motorola confirms Xoom tablet is Blighty-bound

Motorola will be bringing its 10.1in Android tablet, Xoom, to Europe, the company confirmed at Mobile World Congress today. The large slate, with its 1280 x 800 display, 1GHz dual-core processor 5Mp video camera, 2Mp webcam will come complete with the tablet-centric Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system. Motorola Xoom …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. [Yamthief]
    Unhappy

Typical...

...that we will have to wait until the USA has had their fill before we get a look in. :(

2. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

Interesting

I assume with Jobs punting the new iPad this encouraged Motorola to get their fingers out and give Europe some tasty tech? Wonder what the price will be? If it beats the cost of an iPad I might have new item on my 2011 Christmas list!

3. SteveCo
    Stop

Will it also require a data plan?

Reports from the US say this will need a 1 month data plan from the network so they can activate the wifi option. Yes, you read that right.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/more-xoom-details-revealed-800-february-24-launch-data-plan-required.ars

4. paul brain
    Happy

Wifi only

Then I'm buying one. Don't need 3G or 4G hardware when I can tether from the phone. Can't wait for this to be released, Then again I'm also excited about the iPad2, I could sell one of the children to Madonna and have the best of both worlds.

1. Monkey

@ Paul Brain

Yeah I like your thinking!! My daughter had better start behaving herself real quick.....

5. DRendar
    Grenade

Moto = Release and abandon

They will release this, then promise Android updates, and keep you waiting for months if not years for them - all this while no-doubt requiring signed ROMs so that other can't support them themselves.

This product will be great for about 6 moths, then you'll get left behind as new version after new version of Android is released, and Moto sit with their thumbs up their arses counting their money.

Won't touch another Moto Android product ever again until they remove the signed bootloaders.

Lying lazy bastards

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like