back to article Mars is caked in patchy ice, say NASA scientists

Up to half the Martian surface could be covered with ice, according to the latest results released by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. And thanks to new scanning techniques, scientists can say where the ice is with greater precision than ever before. This more detailed map should help NASA's Phoenix lander to work out where to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Moore

If you look at the picture very closely...

...you can see the girl with the mousey hair

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Planets and Scientists

I was stunned that I didn't see the usual things that come out of these discussions - some scientist screaming like Dr. Frankenstein: "LIFE! LIFE!"

It seems like anything they find on Mars draws at least a couple of those out.

My new favorite is the new planet they discovered. It's 93 trillion miles away (or something like that) - we know next to nothing about it, yet there they are. "There could be LIFE! LIFE!!!!"

When they come back with actual evidence of something, then I'll be happy to hear it. Otherwise, it's just fodder to get their name in the paper.

3. pondscum

Enjoy it while you can

Unfortunately, the global warming (bloody humans) that Mars is suffering may put an end to all this ice.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like