back to article Facebook moves into Sun Microsystems carcass

Facebook is moving into the space vacated by Sun Microsystems when it disappeared behind the Oracle Iron Curtain. The social networking giant has also purchased 22 acres just adjacent to the old Sun campus in Menlo Park, California. At a press conference this morning announcing the new headquarters, the company said it would …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. adobob
      Troll

@Ed

Classic 'ego post'. Ed is telling you that he used to work there (well done Ed !!!), and that he used to cycle there (Ed it sporty and cool !!!). I love 'ego posts'. people that comment on something, but instead of actually comment on the news item talk about themselves :)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Paris Hilton

and once SPARC T4 comes out the Sun will be gone from the earth

Oracle will wipe out all mentions of Sun with the next generation hardware.

Crazy that Sun went from a $200B marketcap to $5B with all the technology and products they had and are being replaced by a website so people don't work and socialize with people they would normally never bother to socialize with......but something has to be said for facebook affairs...........never have high school classmates had an easier way to hook up.

hopefully someone wont out me about my facebook womanizing

2. thecakeis(not)alie

@adobob

What, you get turned down for a job at Sun?

3. The Fuzzy Wotnot
        Welcome

Oohh, kitty can scratch!

Well @adobob, you sound like a nasty, narrow-minded jealous sort, don't you darling!

2. Tom Maddox Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Yep

To say nothing of the risk of making it through East Palo Alto in one piece.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
        Linux

It wasn't that bad

I only knew of one Sun employee who got shot in EPA, his desire for fast food was so strong he couldn't make it over 101 ;)

2. Gaz 5

a and/or 1

1 million square feet? What's that in football* pitches/tennis courts/Wales?

Standard units please!

*Association, Rugby or Gridiron, all are permissable.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

Peaked?

Most people* I know are speculating that FaceBook has peaked. So does the move to the former Sun HQ mark the beginning of their decline? Next big thing: Online monkey tennis.

* actual people I've met as opposed to FB "friends"

4. Ian Rogers
    Black Helicopters

Virus

By His Noodly Appendages! Facebook isn't a virus, it's a bacteria - its mouldy spores spreading into all dead (or soon to be dead) parts of society...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Gaz 5

1,000,000 sq ft is roughly 25 football pitches, or 929 whales

6. bugalugs
    Happy

In the field to the left

does anyone else see a tree with its roots, and a shape ( a bit like a koala having a cup of tea whilst nursing a little wallaby ) on a string as a kite ? Watercourses of course.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Just what do all those people do?

Apart from fiddle with the site?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

Fiddle with the

terms and conditions?

8. Grubby
    FAIL

Continued Growth

There's only about 2 billion people in the world with internet access so one in 4 have facebook already, do they actually expect anyone with access to the internet to sign up? Hmmm...

Wimpy thought that in the UK, we make burgers... everyone eats, burger is food... everyone will go to wimpy. For those of you that don't know wimpy, that's why.

9. Joe Harrison

Where does Facebook get all that money?

OK they run those measly ads about six-pack abs and allegedly sell user demographic data. I just find it hard to believe the proceeds from that (and more) doesn't get burnt up providing a worldwide network of fast servers for gigs of cat pictures.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like