back to article HTC buys into OnLive for game streaming on phones?

Mobile phone giant HTC is taking a $39m stake in OnLive - a sign that the cloud-based gaming platform service will show up on smartphones in the near future. OnLive, which launched last year in the States, offers hardcore gaming without the need for a console, with all content remotely stored on servers. Yesterday HTC …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Priorities

I wish HTC would use some of this money in replacing their current outsourcer for customer support.

As I type this, I'm currently 43 minutes in to my 14 (0845) call since late December arranging for collection of my THIRD replacement phone as it has exactly the same problem as the two that preceded it (the first of which was supposedly repaired twice).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Saynoto0870.com

01279 206906 - Customer Service and Support UK.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re Saynoto0870.com

Thanks - I've now started to speak to HTC directly (01753 218 960).

It seems from the upvotes that I'm not the only person to be at the mercy of what this company calls 'customer service'.

1. The Original Ash
          Thumb Up

XDA-Developers

Have you checked out the XDA Developers forums? Plenty of extremely clued-up folks there, with solutions for issues with pretty much all HTC devices.

http://xda-developers.com

2. Cameron Colley
    Stop

Cloud?

OK, stop it right now!

Just because some dipshit middle-manager saw a picture of a cloud in the visio drawing does not mean that everything on the internet is "in the cloud".

This just means that some fairly high power servers are going to be playing games and streaming pictures to customers.

"Cloud" my arse.

3. LuMan
    Troll

Could be good....

...or not. The service must have to rely on a pretty good connection to keep pumping content down your phoneline - mobile or otherwise. With mobiles becoming more and more powerful do we really need this, or do we prefer downloading the complete content and playing it safe in the knowledge that all the data is where we want it (i.e. in the actual device)? Hmmm.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like