back to article Wrinkle-faced smartphoners demand 'BlackBerry Botox'

Those of you who feel in need of a further bit of evidence that western society is going to frikkin' hell in a handcart are directed to the shock revelation that "young women are developing premature wrinkles from staring at their smartphones all day". That's according to Botoxmonger to the rich and famous, Dr Jean-Louis …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nickrw
    Boffin

Squinting?

Having to squint? Definitely the wrinkles that you need to worry about, not seeing an optician.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

indeed

"BlackBerry Botox"

Invent something, give it a name and watch the rich and gullible roll up.

2. Josco
    Coffee/keyboard

Cindy Crowsfeet Crawford

Priceless. Good one.

3. Syed
    Thumb Up

Where to put it?

"The Standard concludes by mentioning BlackBerry thumb ... but fails to recommend an expensive private medical cure for the problem."

I know a good place where they can stick their thumb... (hence the icon).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Squinting? Really?

London beauty therapist Nichola Joss .. said: "I've noticed a huge difference over the past 18 months in my clients' faces ..."

That wouldn't be the same 18 months which have seen a huge economic downturn would it? A downturn which has lead to more stress and longer working hours? Are these not factors which would lead to less radiant looking individuals?

I'm sure there's a saying about correlation vs causation, but that Google search box is all the way up at the top of my screen....

1. Captain DaFt
      Coat

"Confident women aren't customers"

The mantra in the title above is the battle cry of every cosmetic/(company)(surgeon)(outlet) and fashion maven.

So they're constantly finding new ways to tear down confidence/self esteem in their potential customer base via ads and releases like this, to keep the sheep flocking in to buy the wares that are advertised to alleviate the loss.

OK. I'm finished ranting now.

5. DP 1
    Joke

My beautiful face!

"This phenomenon is not unusual with women living in London and the South-East. It can be seen on anyone who has and regularly checks a BlackBerry or iPhone."

Phew, I'll be ok as I have a Sony Ericsson!

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Just as well

with an SE they wouldn't even let you in the front door.

6. Wheaty73
    WTF?

Use a bigger font and visit the optician!

FFS, it's not hard... Cheaper than a trip to the poison doctor!

1. Kool-Aid drinker
      Thumb Up

@Wheaty73

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who cannot read the text on a smartphone without squinting needs glasses in a hurry.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Fank Gud I liv Up Norf!

The Young Ladies up here are too fat to have wrinkles!

8. JaitcH
    Unhappy

Jobs has a patent for this

The new App, still being developed, uses a special algorithm derived from Picassa, that softens the focus of the camera and reduces the tonal range so that dark areas in lines, usually representing a wrinkle, are reduced or eliminated.

Another feature will enable hair tones to remain the same thereby allowing the elimination of grey hair.

9. Keith T

So it is not just us over 50s hating the available smart phones

So it is not just us over 50s hating the available smart phones.

Please give us phones we can use without putting on our reading glasses. That is, high contrast low glare keys with maximum font size for the key, and the biggest screens that will fit on the device.

So long as it will fit in a breast pocket, the device is not too big.

10. Glenn Charles
    Boffin

okay

I was very near rolling on the floor laughing--literally.

Glenn

11. Banther dodo
    Happy

What they need is a T12

As featured here: http://www.trashbat.co.ck/t12/index.html

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like