back to article LG Android 3.0 tablet out next month

LG will release its Android 3.0 Honeycomb-based 9in tablet next month. Inelegantly called the G-Slate with Google, the tablet has an 8.9in display that's not only multi-touch screen but also capable of showing 3D content, LG said, though it admitted later that you'll need 3D glasses. LG G-Slate You can shoot your own 3D …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

Sounds pricey

I was hoping we'd see the prices of tablets fall as Apple got competition but it seems not, for decent ones anyway. I can see this costing as much as that W7 slate/tablet featured last week.

3D video capture? Really, who cares? And watching 3D on a 9" screen with glasses... dumb.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Pricey

Would like to know where you get that idea? if your making stuff up in your head, the daily fail is that way >>>>>>>

2. Paul_Murphy

Ok - when reviewing these things the following is what I want to see:

Price, battery life, storage (on-board and supplemental. ie microSD), wireless (wi-fi, bluetooth), screen size and total size, weight.

Does it have a 3.5mm headphone socket?

Can I read the screen in daylight?

Can I lock the screen to stop it doing (unwanted) things when in my pocket?

I do not want to know about 3D on a handheld device.

That's all for now.

I always find my self thinking 'that's all well and good, but will I want one?' and unless it's a detailed review of something I can actually go out and buy I find myself de-tuning myself from this sort of article.

ttfn

1. Sampler

In which case..

..read a review, not a pre-release product preview.

Also I would like to know other things that aren't contained in your list and aren't bothered about some of them that are - why don't we let the reviewers cover what they want and you and I can make our own minds up from what we can find out.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Wow, 3D, hot!

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab a few days after it came out. Expensive but has been useful.

But Android 3.0 with the ability to not only view 3D but record 3D! I predict this will be a super-hot item. What kid or well-to-do technophile or wannabe geek wouldn't want to show this off to their friends?

There's more, too; I started talking to a hot girl in a cafe the other day, and when I pulled out my Android Tab to use google maps she was, like, "ooooh" and wanted to play with it. So men everywhere will want to show off their hot new technology to a generation of females brainwashed by Apple to love new gadgets!

1. Marcus Aurelius
      Coat

Gadgets are only good

If she lets you play with her as she plays with the gadgets

4. James 5
    Happy

@JDX: 3D Video capture....

You're missing the point.

It'll be able to recognise it's owner using 3D face recognition technology.

So if you're not it's owner it'll just go blank. And you'll need to use chalk to write on it.

5. paradyne

Screen resolution?

If you cut the image from the photo, crop the display only and resize to 1280 pixels wide, I get 773 high. Maybe it's an odd sized 1280x768?

1. Cameron Colley

Are the edges parallel?

A crude test, moving another window next to the right-hand edge of the screen, makes me think that the top is a little nearer to the camera than the bottom -- probably enough nearer to loose the missing 7 pixels...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Yes and

My 17" monitor is only 16.3 hand drawn inches!

Also, why on Earth did you perform that little umm "test"?

6. twunt

@Paul

This isn't a review - its just letting you know that its coming soon.

7. D@v3

3D, with glasses.

Question is, is that, Active Shutter glasses, going at (aprox) £60 a pair.

Or passive polarized glasses, like you get at the cinema, (and I already have a couple of pairs of)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Does this come with....

Does this come with a G string and a G spot. Perhaps aimed at the A merkin market.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like