back to article O2 to upgrade southern UK network

Nokia Siemens Networks has landed a contract to upgrade the O2 network covering the south of England, dropping in base stations capable of working across frequencies and technologies. The deal, financial details of which aren't being released, will see Flexi Multiradio Base Stations deployed across the south, allowing O2 to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

That's nice

Any chance of putting some 2G coverage in the North while you're at it? O2 coverage is bobbins near my folks.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh too little, too late

Got fed up with network busy messages a while ago. To the point it was getting difficult to make calls in the city around 5pm.

Especially as you wouldn't even acknowledge it was a mistake.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Vodafone just as culpable

<quote>Got fed up with network busy messages a while ago. To the point it was getting difficult to make calls in the city around 5pm.</quote>

Had EXACTLY the same issues with Vodafone at Fulham Broadway in London. Can't send SMSs. Can't make phone calls. Network busy. FFS.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

NSN press release

I suppose this article is based on the NSN press release. Perhaps you could have added the Ericsson press release too (they are taking the North away from NSN) so you had it all covered.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Too late for me

I left O2 months ago because of their shit network coverage (in central London!). Very happy with Vodafone now, thanks.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Hmm..

My friends on Vodafone can rarely get HSDPA coverage in central London in various buildings. I'm consistently happy with T-Mobile's coverage and my phone falls back onto Orange if ever necessary which seems to be very very rarely and only went in the countryside.

5. Dennis 6
    Unhappy

Pity they can't do something about SMS delivery reports....

....while they're at it. I get fed up with typing *0# at the front of every message.

1. paulf
      Alert

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed about that

All the other networks seem to cope with SMS delivery reports. How about it, eh O2?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like