back to article Cisco borgs network 'guardian angel'

Networking giant Cisco Systems is acquiring privately held Pari Networks for an undisclosed sum. Pari, according to company co-founder and CEO Kishore Kumar, means "guardian angel" in Sanskrit, and the Paritra Security Appliance that the company created is supposed to be an angel watching over your network devices, doing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. E 2

Corp

And... I should trust a corp to guard my interests?

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

@E2

Eh? That makes no sense?

Unless you make your own hardware to circuit level, then you ARE trusting a Corp to look after your security.

1. E 2

@AC

Not fair. If Intel or AMD or CPU-vendor-of-your-choice had circuitry that sends data without consent that would be noticed far and wide and it would become an issue.

Yet Cisco and every other significant maker of enterprise and telco switch & routing products are known to have installed backdoors in their products at the behest of the USA NSA. Skype did it with it's videoconference software for the gov't of China for Skype clients distributed in China.

My point is just that I do not trust corps when it comes to my privacy.

Yes you can say, correctly, that I would have to make my own h/w, but I've not heard that CPUs have back doors.

I can only deal with the problem where I can deal with it... I'm not aware that I should suspect my CPU or ethernet controller.

Do you know something I do not? If so, please share.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like