back to article Intel sings duet with Black Eyed Pea will.i.am

Intel has appointed Black Eyed Peas front man and multi-platinum artist will.i.am as its new "director of creative innovation". "Nearly everything I do involves processors and computers," Mr. am told attendees at an Intel sales and marketing conference in Anaheim, California. "And when I see an Intel chip I think of all the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Flugal

Willy Am

Let's hope the creativity he comes up with for Intel is better than his utterly ridiculous hair do.

Fl.ug.al

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh dear.

Always seems a little desperate and sad when a company tries to be cool and 'down with the kids' like this. It's a bit like being a kid and watching your Dad try to dance like John Travolta whilst looking ending up looking more like John Prescott.

3. petur

dir.ec.tor

Please ship me a new keyboard (and a fresh coffee)

4. Florence
    Thumb Up

"Mr. am"

got me very close to a "spit coffee all over keyboard" incident!

5. Elmer Phud
    WTF?

Good job I've not had breakfast yet

""And when I see an Intel chip I think of all the creative minds involved that help to amplify my own creativity.""

Nurse, bucket, now!

FFS

6. Malcolm 1
    Go

It's clearly the latest thing

Polaroid signed up Lady Gaga in a similar role and produced some natty glasses:

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/01/ces-2011-polaroid-goes-gaga-for-camera-glasses--241699/

Anyway it's always a good laugh when large corporates try to be fashionable.

7. Code Monkey

Hip hop names

A sure way to come across as a complete bell.e.nd

8. Steve Evans

Confused?

Have Intel started making power tools now?

If not, why is Mr Am wearing safety goggles?

9. Dr Christian
    FAIL

title

I’m envisioning a computer version of the car Homer designed in a The Simpsons episode.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah...

"Nearly everything I do involves processors and computers,"

Yes, of course it does Mr Am. I was unfortunate to stumble on a video of one of your live performances on youtube the other day... So do Intel chips power autotunes?

11. Graham Bartlett

"Creative innovation"?

I'm sorry, are we still talking about someone connected to the Black Eyed Peas? Sure there's been more boring, derivative, unoriginal recordings that have been bigger wastes of airtime - Milli Vanilli, perhaps - but not many. Hey Intel, get back to us when they've done something worth listening to, yeah?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They used to be quite good

... about 10 years ago. Now they're shit, but do look up their back catalogue.

12. Huntsman
    Joke

AMD

are apparently collaborating with Vanilla Ice - 'cooking ICs like a pound of bacon'.

13. YumDogfood

cringe -> how much? -> smile! -> $$$$$$

Only a large bureaucracy ridden corporation knows how to do a proper PR fail.

14. Rex Alfie Lee
    Boffin

Willy.I.Am...

I am a willy, meaning in OZ, penis...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like