back to article Panasonic puts rugged photography on the map

Panasonic has extended its range of cameras with a quartet of point-and-shoot snappers, including two that use GPS to ensure that users will never forget where they took their pictures. Panasonic DMC-TZ20 The company has two new additions to the Lumix TZ range, with the 14.1Mp DMC-TZ18 and DMC-TZ20. Both feature a 24mm wide- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

GPS tagging I can see some use for

But please please please, enough with the 3D gimmick. It adds nothing.

1. Ken Hagan Gold badge

3D gimmick

Depending on the implementation quality, 3D is unlikely to add anything to serious photography. But "snaps" aren't serious photography and I suspect the majority of Lumix owners take more snaps than serious photos. 3D might be just the thing for those baby pictures.

It's different from 3D telly. A typical telly program takes half an hour or more and the silly goggles, restricted viewing angles and headaches start to grate after a while. A snap might be enjoyed in less than 30 seconds before being passed around. I think that makes a difference and Panasonic might be on to something.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Full HD

It's a shame that they've used the "Full HD" label for 1080i. I much prefer 720p over 1080i, and what label are they going to use when they get 1080p?

1. The Envoy

Er...

Full HD+

Maximum HD

HD:est

3. Anton Ivanov

Waterproof to 12m?

I sooooooo want one... The article is missing a key fact - what is this thing worth?

4. Jim Wilkinson
    IT Angle

GPS tagging is not new

The Sony HX5V I've had for over a year has GPS tagging. A great feature that also adds the compass point so you know the shot direction. Most good photo software now responds to geo-tagging, so it's no longer regarded as a new feature.

PS - the HX5V also a fine camera with a terrific 10:1 zoom glass lens.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like