back to article Eric Schmidt 'eyes own TV show'

Some say Eric Schmidt is stepping down as Google CEO because he lost "energy" and "focus" after Larry Page and Sergey Brin pulled the company from China against his wishes. But another report indicates his rather large head was turned by the possibility of his very own TV show. The New York Post reports that for more than a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Raumkraut

A YouTube exclusive!

"Shit my ex-CEO says"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Sad...

Isn't there already a 'Train Wreck TV' network in place? Maybe Eric should try and get a shot there.

Oh wait. He'd have to move to West Virginia and get his unwed teenage sister pregnant first.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

If you don't want...

If you don't want your company's lack of ethics revealed to the public then maybe you shouldn't be be so creepy in the first place?

Nah. Just make sure to be more secretive about it, find a CEO you can trust not to reveal too much, and only appear on TV when you can expect the embarrassing things you say to be edited out.

They should have kept filming this disaster. It may have been informative or at a minimum entertaining.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Pulp Fiction.

VINCENT: How did Marsellus and her meet?

JULES: I dunno, however people meet people. She must be an actress.

VINCENT: She ever do anything I woulda saw?

JULES: I think her biggest deal was she starred in a pilot.

VINCENT: What's a pilot?

JULES: Well, you know the shows on TV?

VINCENT: I don't watch TV.

JULES: Yes, but you're aware that there's an invention called television, and on that invention they show shows?

VINCENT: Yeah.

JULES: Well, the way they pick the shows on TV is they make one show, and that show's called a pilot. And they show that one show to the people who pick the shows, and on the strength of that one show, they decide if they want to make more shows. Some get accepted and become TV programs, and some don't and become nothing.

She starred in one of the ones that became nothing.

5. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Thumb Up

Cheers Eric!

You have just given one more reason, on a very long list, of why I don't bother watching TV anymore!

6. TeeCee Gold badge
    Grenade

TV presenters.

I believe that US TV has already jumped the shark and hired Piers "Moron" Morgan as a presenter*.

Striding briskly up to Eric's creepy line and tentatively stepping over it should be easy after that.

*To save any potential nastiness, I'll say no more other than to suggest that readers may wish to tickle a search engine with some choice phrases such as: "Daily Mirror", "Viglen share scandal" and "City Slickers" for an entertaining supply of background reading and then make their own minds up as to who knew what.

7. Jon Double Nice
    Coat

I think a sitcom would be better

But kind of meta like Seinfeld, where he sort of plays himself

8. Goatan
    Thumb Up

TV show . . .

Hi like the Prince Phillip of the tech world. I'd tune in just to see what foolishness he would spout next.

9. Urh
    Big Brother

I'd be too frightened to watch...

Somehow, I suspect that the only way Schmidt would appear on TV would be if he could persuade whichever network the show was on to do "creepy line" levels of datamining on the show's viewers. As fun as it would be to watch him put his foot in his mouth, I'd be worried that he'd rebuke me in some fashion (most likely with even MORE spam on my gmail account) for laughing at him making a total ass of himself.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like