back to article Toshiba shows second-gen tablet

Toshiba has coughed up some of the specs its upcoming Android Honeycomb tablet will sport. According to a teaser site for the product, the tablet will be based around a 10.1in, 1280 x 800 capacitive touchscreen, contain an Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, and combine 0.2Mp and 5MP front- and rear-facing cameras. Toshiba tablet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Paul Morgan

I would like...

A4 size and as thin as possible.

2. dogged
    Thumb Up

the first image

really needs some apes mooching around the base of the tablet.

1. Bob Merkin
      Paris Hilton

dun dun DUN! DUN!

The soundtrack in my brain immediately began playing "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" the instant I opened this article.

Where's the Pavlov's Dog icon? Oh well, Paris will do.

3. The Indomitable Gall

Hmmm....

"Anyone who thinks the iPad is too big isn't going to take to this one."

Anyone who thinks the iPad is too big really isn't in the market for a tablet....

4. G R Goslin

Proportionality

It's all in proportionality. Something which is large can be thicker without seeming out of proportion, and hence be still attractive. But weight is something else again.

5. Mark 65

Is it me?

Am I alone in thinking there's fuck-all point to a 0.2MP camera? Even netbooks these days sport 1.3MP ones. Any video off of that would make your fellow conversee think you're on dial-up.

I'm sure it makes for a highly usable camera with that 5MP rear facing camera on a 10.1" slab. Jeezuz.

1. Mage Silver badge

Web chat

web chat resolution is about 1/4 VGA usually = 0.078M pixel . 0.2Mbps is odd though.

6. Mr_Happy

The Full Internet

Replaceable battery a plus

Full internet not Apples restricted no flash policy, no matter what Apple and their fans believe flash is still important to get the whole of the internet

Ports to attach to the TV and plug usb device in plus

Bulk isn't much of a problem if it feels comfortable

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

They....

...couldn't possibly make anything worse than their first gen. tab.

8. Peter 48
    Stop

get the specs right

The front facing camera is 2MP and the thickness is 0.6 inches. It also has a full size SD card slot (not the micro SD nonsense). That is all off toshiba's website.

9. JaitcH
    Happy

Great news - no feet!

Toshiba, along with Acer, lacks the ability to permanently attach rubber feet to it's products.

This unit is a great step forward - no feet.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like