back to article Duke Nukem Forever release date revealed

The forthcoming Duke Nukem first-person shoot-'em-up may have been taking Forever to arrive - such is the irony of its title - but at long last, the game's publisher, 2k, has confirmed the release date. According to a report on Game Informer, the long-awaited title will be released in the US on 3 May. The rest of us will get …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anomalous Cowturd
    Happy

Looks more like Max Headroom to me!

Or am I just getting old?

1. bluesxman

RE: Looks more like Max Headroom to me!

A little from column A, a little from column B.

2. Lamont Cranston

Mickey Rourke,

no?

2. Smallbrainfield
    Thumb Up

*rubs eyes*

Shurely shome mistake? If it's anything less than tolerable, I'll be disappointed.

3. Code Monkey

It's Friday

Duke Nukem Forever release date. Yeah nice try Reg. Pull the other one, it's got an Amiga on it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

NSFW picture ?

See title.

1. Natalie Gritpants
      WTF?

SFW

What's your problem? The guy in the thong or the horrible choice of tartan.

2. My Alter Ego
      FAIL

Seriously?

Two animated birds, one wearing a school uniform and a second (probably) topless one with her back to you is NSFW? Admittedly, in my work place nothing, absolutely nothing is NSFW, so I may be desensitised, but you see more in adds on daytime television.

3. Steve Roper

NSFW picture

Yes, that's the "misogyny" mentioned in the article. Apparently appreciation of women in skimpy clothing equates to hating women. According to the feminists that is.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Endtimes

Surely a sign of the endtimes? DNF, the most infamous piece of vapourware, getting a release date?

Roll on 2012.

(Oh and the screenshot may be NSFW for some...)

6. Avatar of They
    Pint

COME ON!!!!!!!!!

All I need now is Half life 2 episode 3 and this year wil rock.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

comparison fail

CoD:MW2, a game so renowned for it's enthralling single player campaign, and play though time *grins* Duke could be an amusing four and a half hour game then ;)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Oh

Rly?

I can't believe it. I've been hurt too many times in the past. The Duke can't *really* change can he?

CAN he? God - the inner turmoil!

9. CADmonkey
    Headmaster

Fingers crossed....

....that it will suck less than Doom 3.

P.S. Serious Sam FTW!

10. Alexander Kaye

Formats ?

PS3 ?

11. MinionZero
    Joke

At last

So any word yet on when they will be releasing the sequel to Duke Nukem Forever. :)

1. Devon_Custard

This raises a question for me

Duke Nukem or Chuck Norris?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

[GRIN]

They're aiming for Fall 2007.

12. maccy
    Troll

Since when ...

... did Duke Nukem look like Mickey Rourke?

13. Bill Cumming
    Thumb Up

DM:Forever...

I'll believe it when i Pir... I mean play it....

14. bluesxman
    Go

Conditioned Response

My tired brain mashed the last 2 words together and processed the headline as "Duke Nukem Forever release delayed" resulting in a state of mild (though unsurprised) amusement.

15. Daniel 43
    Paris Hilton

Shake it baby........

............wanna dance?

16. J. Cook Silver badge
    Pirate

Riiiiiiight...

I'll believe it when I see the box in the local reseller, and not a moment before then.

1. Steven Hunter
      Thumb Up

re: Riiiiiiight...

DNF was on my Christmas list from 1999 to 2004 when I gave up. I won't believe that the game has been released until I've installed it on my system, and possibly not even then.

17. Erroneous Howard

So.....

Is it really April 1st already?

*looks at date*

Sorry El Reg, but you have to wait until April to start with the April Fool jokes.

18. JDX Gold badge

DNF2?

Duke Nukem Forever After?

19. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Where the fuck do you work?

It's an article about a fucking game! Where do you work? A fucking nunnery? Aside from that, if you're that fucking worried, don't read sites like this when you should be working you fucking twat!!!!

Also, Shake it Baby!

1. Lionel Baden

i have to agree

Its like clicking on a thread Titled "naked chicks" then complaining there are NSFW pics in it.

This is Duke Nukem man !!!

20. Andy Mac
    Go

Duke who?

There are going to be kids playing this game who weren't even born when it was announced.

1. Daniel B.
      Go

Re: Duke who?

My 14 year old stepson showed me the DNF thingy as "look, this game looks cool, it comes out next year!" and then wondered why I was laughing my ass off. Then I explained that the previous game came out before he was even born!

He later read the entire story in one of those "Worst Video Game Failures Ever" articles, chronicling the worst FAILs in the industry, including the infamous E.T. game.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Christopher Brookmyer might be disapointed

The one impossible thing in The Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks by Christopher Brookmyre was the theft of someone's Duke Nukem Forever disk, so this will ruin a small part of that.

Shame really.

Then again I did just buy Duke Nukem 3D from GOG as I couldn't find my original copy.

1. Daniel B.
      Happy

Duke3d

I still have my original Duke Nukem 3D disc. In fact, we found it last weekend, and I'm planning on installing it on my stepson's PC so he can learn what the hell everyone's talking about.

22. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

I have to wait until May?

Noooooooooo!

I need to Chew Ass and Kick Bubblegum NOW!

Paris because she seems to have gotten work as a model for the cyber-nudie in the background.

23. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

What's the date today?

Am I missing something? It's not April 1st is it?

It’s time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I’m all out of gum!

24. NoneSuch Silver badge
    FAIL

Huh...?

"2011" is not a release date, it is a release YEAR. Oh and by the way, they have been naming "release dates" for over twelve years now with nothing to show for it.

Believe it when you see it on the shelves. I am suspecting a HUGE disappointment in the works here.

The only upside of DNF actually being released is HL2:EP3 will then become the leading vapourware title.

1. E Haines

Read article first, then post

If you did, perhaps you would have seen the "May 3" release date.

25. MrT
    Alert

Is it Duke or Ouroboros...

Endless release date cycle must rival Corrie for the longest running soap opera.

I wonder if there are characters called Rob or Ross in the game...?

26. Graham Bartlett

Chinese Democracy

Hope not. CD was a godawful mess.

1. Studley
      Joke

Re: Chinese Democracy comparison

One of them is an ancient franchise which should've jacked it in years ago, fronted by a wise-cracking testosterone-infused mysoginist, the other is...?

27. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Oh it is 2011 alright...

It is 2011 years FROM NOW when it will be released.

It is the same way Guns'n Roses album was named: they thought it would take them so long to release it, that China would have turned into a democracy before that happened.

28. Martin Howe
    Unhappy

If DoomScript and Lord Lucan appear sometime soon

I might believe in DNF being released. Then again, maybe not.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The PFY must be freaking out!

see title

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DNF then HL2:EP3

Once DNF is released to market, the hopefully the developers will decamp to valve and help them with HL2:EP3. The times cales seem to be about the same.

31. kain preacher

Missing a 1.

They are missing a 1. they mean 2111.

32. The elephant in the room
    FAIL

Marketing fail

If the marketing department had any sense of humor they *would* release it on April 1st! (which would henceforth be rebranded for all time as Duke's Day).

Still if they cant make that date this year its not a missed opportunity yet - there's always 2012...

33. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

..running joke

okay...if this game is coming out, then whats to become the next 'it never comes' meme?

I recall people used to joke about the next version of AmigaOS...but OS4.0 (and then 4.1)

arrived last year... DNF didnt. now its here...whats next? SEGA to release a new console? ;-)

34. Bod

Hmm

I can only see this being an epic disappointment. I really hope I'm wrong, but expectations are going to be massive.

Still, if it has the line "I'm going to rip off your head and shit down your throat", then that should keep me happy. If it's all "PC" then it will be rubbish.

35. Richard Jukes

Preorder?

So, who here is going to be parting with their hard earned cash on a pre-order? Whats that, you're going to wait until its in your local shop? And even then buy it in a credit card with buyer protection....

I'll be surprised if it ships. I'll be surprised if it works. I'll be even more surprised if its playable. And as for it being enjoyable - I'd be over the moon. But we all know its going to be a big steaming pile of poo.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DNF and...

I seem to recall reading somewhere that DX3 should also reach the shelves sometime this year. Are these the times of signs and wonders? Is the apocalypse nigh?

AC since the stuff I should be working on also has a release date sometime in 2010...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like