back to article Mozilla plots February Firefox 4 release

Firefox 4 is nearly ready for showtime, according to a recent post on Mozilla's mailing list. "I'm seeing the same burst of excitement and activity that we've seen in the endgame of every release," the open source browser maker's platform engineering director Damon Sicore enthusiastically noted yesterday. He said that Mozilla …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

you can wait..

or just use Opera 11 now.. It's much faster, better looking, more functional, more secure and it's out now.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Stop

Jesus...

...Opera fans are tedious.

2. Greg J Preece

FFS!

I'm going to make El Reg daily bingo cards, and one of the squares will be "first post in a browser related thread is from an Opera fanboi". Do you guys monitor the RSS feeds or something? Is there an Opera SWAT team on standby, ready to leap into action whenever a false sense of superiority is required?

3. Tom Maddox Silver badge
      Stop

For sufficiently broad definitions ...

... of all those terms.

4. Mips
      Stop

Dont like Opera

Been there

Got the scars.

Got the T shirt.

Expunged it from my machine.

Never mention it again.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Stop

@AC Little group, big annoying voice

Are you just one person who keeps posting all Opera comments on all articles and all websites?

According to Statcounter (http://gs.statcounter.com/) there are roughly... I don't know, 10 Opera users? I'm impressed how much noise comes from such a small group, hence the question

You remind me of Sgt. Hooks from Police Academy

2. Defiant
    FAIL

To Late

Way too slow. Opera & Chrome have left IE and FF standing

1. amehaye

FF 4.0 is faster than Chrome

FF 4.0b9pre is faster than Chromium 10.0.628.0 (70480).

But don't let the facts confuse you.

3. hitmouse
    FAIL

Feedback

Will they fix the six month old broken feedback buttons? Click on one and you are taken to a screen saying

“You need [this build ] to report Feedback. Go here to download [your current build].”

4. Efros

Better be

quicker and a lot more stable than the last build I tried.

5. Sharpy86
    Stop

Speed isnt everything....

I am tired of the major argument being speed of rendering.... seriously there is more to a browser then raw speed. For example Opera has a lovely 'feature' of not displaying pages properly often failing to render parts or display videos, put ads in weird places, etc. Chrome is pretty good if not a little basic on the plugins and options level for my taste, yes its fast but I like being able to customise and tweak. I also don't like giving Google much more power over me then I have to. IE isn't all that bad now. I don't like it myself but it isn't terrible, it works. Firefox is bloated yes but also has hundreds of add-ons. Those add ons are rather handy. Examples being Ad-block plus and and no-script between those two I can customise what I do and don't want to see on the internet. there are other handy ones but those two are my favs. So in short why are we all judging browsers simply by how much RAM they use and how fast they load benchmark pages? the difference on a decent machine being a second or two at most! What do you think you will do in those two seconds?!

6. Tony Paulazzo

I heart firefox

But please, put the freaking home button back on the left.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Moving the Home and any other buttons

Right click on the address / menu bar, select customise and then drag and drop whatever you need in place.

This topic is closed for new posts.