back to article Google sweet-talks Spice Girls king

Google is in top-secret talks with the man who invented the Spice Girls. According to The Observer, the world's largest search engine has been whispering with new-age impresario Simon Fuller for about a year, negotiating a deal that "could change the way TV is watched over the internet." Our guess is that it will change …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Tyler
    Flame

Simon Fuller

I really don't see how any good can come of this at all. That man is a menace to decent society.

2. Bill Coleman

a good thing

Anything which draws the attention of media consumers away from television (a closed shop where the cost of entry for amateurs and start-ups with fresh ideas is prohibitive) to the internet (where any muppet can freely distribute his life's work) is a great thing. The playing field is about to be leveled...

...my only gripe is that google is the one holding the strings.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

FFS

what kind of shite is he going to turn out this time?

4. Elmo Scoggins

Fuller a king?

The only worth Fuller has to this world is to make others realize how valuable they are to society. He has done nothing to upgrade the quality of programming, despite his weight with those in the media biz. In fact he probably has setthe media back a number of years. His 'concept' whatever it is, will serve only to line his (and his media cohorts) pockets.

Calling him a king slams what little positive connotation that remains with the word. JMHO

5. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

>> Fuller a king?

>> Calling him a king slams what little positive connotation that remains with the word. JMHO

I think there was another word they were looking for, which has a very similar meaning to King - perhaps it's dictator?

Now, where's that icon of Simon Fuller with horns sticking out of his head? Oh well Bill will have to do.

6. Davide Inglima
    Paris Hilton

Google doing WHAT?

In talk with the same person who unleashed the Spice Girls plague on us? And

I thought they promised to DO NO EVIL...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like