back to article IndiaTimes website 'attacks visitors'

Visitors to the IndiaTimes website are being bombarded by malware, some of which appear to target previously unknown vulnerabilities in Windows, a security researcher warns. In all, the English-language Indian news site is directly or indirectly serving up at least 434 malicious files, many of which are not detected by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Halstead
    Alert

Still not as dangerous to your wellbeing...

... as reading the Daily Mail.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

But....

...does the malware run on Linux?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

News please - not history!

Seriously - get with it please. That blasted website has been one of the largest sources of and/or gateways to malware on the web for years!

At least, I've been blocking it since 2004/5 when I tracked it down as the source several problems that had afflicted my users.

And thinking that those responsible will do anything to improve the situation is simplistic - I've tried, with websites run by 'Universities', Telecom providers, Publishers, etc.

They ignore polite requests to clean up their act, they ignore impolite requests to clean up their act and these days I just block them. Life's too short to waste attempting to deal with these idiots.

4. Karl Lattimer
    Gates Horns

newsflash - people exploit unknown flaws

Typical non-sense surprise should be avoided when talking about exploits of this nature. Most exploits out there only become public after they've caused some damage. In fact, MS patch tuesdays are generally the cut off point for exploits of this nature, especially if MS fix them.

Nobody cares about exploits which don't work anymore, and people will pay good money for exploits which do work, that MS has no idea about and can grab a whole hell of a lot of people.

The only _TRUE_ solution is to get a mac or a linux box and say bye bye to redmond :)

5. Michael Ortmann
    Gates Halo

Bye bye to Redmond?

Be serious guys - and no flame intended - the most important reason Apple- and Linux users don't have to face this kind of shite on a more regular basis themselfes, is that they are - yet - not numerous enough to make the big time malware distributors really interested in them.

The moment that a more significant portion of people on, in and around the interwebs are using non-MS OS, you'll see a sudden and decisive increase in non-MS-targeted malware.

So be happy your Box is (relatively) safe atm, and rather don't hope that so many people will adopt your particular taste of OS so you can continue to do so a while longer ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.