back to article Sony streams music subscriptions to TVs, Blu-ray boxes

Sony is now offering owners of its Bravia internet tellies, its Blu-ray Disc players, PS3 consoles and Vaio PCs all-you-can eat monthly music subscriptions. You cough up either £4 or £10 a month, and you can select and stream songs to your set-top or TV. Sony said the service, which will launch under its irritating Qriocity …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Johnson 1

It would be nice...

if they just put Spotify on there instead.

2. TeamEvil
    Joke

When you can..

When you can register for the service, it's utterly shite. Tried different cards all said to contact my bank. I gave up and after reading various posts from forums it seems I'm not alone.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Details please

Are we back to the same old DRM-encrusted time-bombed subscription services or is this going to be DRM-free (doubtful coming from Sony)...

The number of comments on the article shows the high level of interest in this offer.

4. Craig Chambers

So for £4 you get to play music but can't search for it?

I assume that all you can do is follow links to try and find the music you want for £4?

Finding that one track in 6 million may be a bit of a chore on the cheaper tariff, but I guess that's the point.

5. DrunkJunkie

On the PS3

What will happen to Vidzone which already provides this for free with a fairly decent catalog and sometimes irritating but overall fairly good UI.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

Vidzone is much better

At least with Vidzone you can choose what you play. This service is just a paid-for ad-free radio with skipping options. The synchronisation thing mentioned in the article is only for music files you already own so that you can play your mp3s or itunes stuff through this service.

Utterly pathetic.

6. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

All you can eat?

I don't eat music (nor the primitive sonic sequences which pass for music these days), thanks.

7. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge
    Troll

Since US radio is dead

Since independent US radio is mostly dead, I can't wait to start using Quiro... Queeroo... Kuri..., Qroc.., Qirio..., Pandora.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder

If my net connected blu-ray player will be updated, all it uses it's connection for now is to update itself and to download a load of crap from BD-live.

Presumably not!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like