back to article Morricone makes music for Android smartphone

LG has hired famed movie music composer Ennio Morricone to write... er... ringtones for its upcoming dual-core smartphone. How the mighty have fallen. How can a man who penned such classic soundtracks as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Mission, The Untouchables, Cinema Paradiso and John Carpenter's remake of The Thing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a bloody phone

All it needs to do is go brring brrring

When the things ring(*) people tend to answer the call not sit there listening to a tune, all a waste of time and money in my book.

(*) Can you still say a phone rings? What should we say when it's the dambusters theme for example.

This is a totally impartial comment as I don't have a mobile phone, although if I did and it played the dambusters theme I reckon I would listen to that rather than talk to anybody who'd want to call me.

2. Subliteratus
    Flame

Pluralism rules!

Yeah maybe back in the 1950s when there was only 1 phone in the house, you knew who's phone was ringing: yours. Now we're in the future, we need to be able to discriminate. And I don't mean who's phone belongs to whom, I mean we have to be able to hate the owner properly based on the couple of bars they chose to identify themselves. Classical music for a ringtone? Stuck-up douche. Steps? Metrosexual moisturising, eyebrow-plucking douche. House music? Brain-dead juvenile douche. Techno? Drug-addled poser douche. Default ringtone? Cheap douche. The watch chimes from A Few Dollars More? Me-too douche. The Professionals ringtone: coffin-dodging douche. GPO model 706 ringtone: trainspotting douche.

Haters be hatin'. Just as nature intended ;)

1. dogged

Okay...

What the first few bars of "Man With A Harmonica"?

3. Alan 6

<title>

I seem to remember that Ryuichi Sakamoto did some ring tones for the Nokia 8800

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like