back to article Orange overhauls app store

Orange's Partner Connect is promising a 48-hour response for developers submitting applications, though for the moment they'll need to be using Android, and only interested in selling to the French. The idea is that the web-driven service will eventually include BlackBerry and Java applications, and provide a 70/30 split with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

I bet

The overhaul doesn't include the one thing Orange Android users really want - the ability to remove Orange's crapware from their phones...

2. Sean O'Connor 1
    Unhappy

Multiple stores? No thanks.

As a developer the last thing I want is to have to submit my app to several different app stores, keep updating them on each store, get payments from multiple sources etc... etc... It's so much easier with Apple's AppStore. Multiple app stores, devices on random Android OS versions and devices with differing features all really put me off looking into Android programming.

3. nation of stupid

no wifi though

Of course the one big disadvantage of the Orange Store is that it's only accessible over your network connection, wifi connections don't work. Yep, that really helps me want to try browsing round it when I can find more apps on the Android market over my home wifi connection that I don't have to pay Orange to use.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like