back to article Doctor Who: Return to Earth

Doctor Who has not fared well on Planet Videogame. So many titles been merely mediocre or just plain crap, often barely connected to the TV series and pumped out by publishers keen to cash in on the brand with minimal effort. Doctor Who: Return to Earth Silver nemesis There are a few exceptions, most notably Admiral …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

title clamps

Considering the PC outing you can download for free from the BBC was created by Sheffield's Sumo Digital (Known as "The best studio in Britain that no-one knows about") with Charles Cecil at the helm, it's unsurprising you'd recommend that over this ;)

2. Grease Monkey Silver badge

Never Mind That

My son wants to know when episode 4 of the adventure games will be available on the BBC web site.

3. MJI Silver badge

What terrible graphics

Haven't seen anything that bad for years.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

They should be ashamed.

I don't know how they have the nerve to charge £35 for this.

The graphics on the BBC's free adventures are better than this.

2. TIMMEH

Agreed

I know the Wii isn't the most powerful piece of hardware out there but damn... Those screenshots are atrocious.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Mini-games?

> not even the asteroids that you're up against in one of the two types of mini game you're required to complete at the end of each Chapter

I'm surprised they didn't just start you in the Tardis, time-travel back to 1982 and make you play ZX Spectrum titles instead. Would save having to make any pretence at creating a game.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Legs

Amy's legs don't even look particularly well rendered, and what other reason is there for adults to buy it?

6. Adam J Purcell

Adventure Game 4

@Grease Monkey The fourth (and final of the current series) downloadable Doctor Who Adventure Game is due to be published on Christmas Day 2010. A second series of them is planned for next year.

As for Return to Earth, I've not gotten around to playing it yet but I did quite enjoy their DS game Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth. Most people seem to claim it is vastly superior to this Wii game.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like