back to article Does Dell scorn EMC with EqualLogic buy?

On Monday, Dell said it will acquire iSCSI storage vendor EqualLogic for $1.4bn. That's no small chunk of change even for a company with Dell's deep pockets. And the price is even more significant when you consider Dell's historic aversions to meaty acquisitions. The purchase not only illustrates Dell's fevered blitz for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Keene
    Black Helicopters

Mixed feelings

My shop is heavily invested in Equallogic iSCSI gear, and we couldn't be happier with its price and performance. The management interface is incomparable. It has been our fear that Equallogic could be gobbled up by a megacorp at any time, and now that has come to pass -- mixed emotions. We are also a mostly-Dell shop as well, so I suppose if anyone were to acquire Equallogic, Dell would be the least traumatic (for us.) I hope they keep the PS product line and don't interfere too much. I also hope they don't offshore the technical support either. It's my belief that if EMC were the ones to gobble them up, the result of what they'd do with the products and tech would be unrecognizable and nowhere near as affordable or clean.

2. Adrian Bool

EMC

Perhaps Dell finally realised that selling awful gear like the AX150i is not a great idea? I've never used Equallogic's products - I can only hope they are an improvement...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

CX3-10, CX3-20, CX3-40 all have iSCSI ports

The Dell-EMC Clariion range all have iSCSI ports on them, as well as fibre-channel ports. The AX150i is a dedicated iSCSI product.

Yes, Dell sells EMC's iSCSI products.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like