back to article Tron Evolution

The original movie Tron was something of an irony. Considered by many as a landmark in computer animated cinema, the movie actually owed more to traditional animation techniques than CGI. Tron Evolution I'll punch your lights out As the technology to mix computer animation and live action didn't exist in the early 1980s, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tron 2.0

Was pretty good, I was hoping this was going to be, essentially, an updated version of it with shiny new graphics. Looks like i've been disappointed.

2. DocBoggle

Compared to Tron 2.0?

The big question is how this compares to Tron 2.0 that was released in 2003 by Monolith Productions? In my opinion, Tron 2.0 seems to cover a lot of the original Tron feel that Evolution is missing. Tron 2.0 did a pretty good job of the light-cycle challenge, plus it introduced an "upgrade" system that you had to use to progress through the game. Along with a good selection of different locations and puzzles, it sounds like it exceeds what they have created 7 years later.

3. Greg J Preece

Another vote for Tron 2.0

Just as we know that the movie will be a disastrous re-hash, I'd much rather play Tron 2.0 again - PC, not X-box. It really felt like Tron, the visuals were fantastic, and the in-game mechanics were really easy to pick up.

4. Chris Harden

Movie Games

Never buy games made about a movie that is just about to be released, they are always bad marketing stunts and usualy a bad rehash of <insert 3d engine of choice>

*cough*matrix*cough*

1. Anonymous Coward
      Boffin

It's a universal law.

If you have both a film and a game adaptation of a story, then one or both will be crap.

(Ghostbusters on the C64 is the only know exception.)

1. Thomas 4

True enough

I vaguely recall Terminator 2 on the Amstrad being pretty reasonable but in 99.9% of cases, I'd have to agree. Why is that people are always surprised by it though?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

bah

I'll just wait for the new movie, Olivia Wilde is hot!

6. Anon the mouse
    Pint

Tron 2.0 too

The only game I have purchased for more than one system.

I too was hoping for something like Tron 2.0 than Tron Alpha.

7. Toastan Buttar
    Thumb Up

Can't wait

Can't wait to see the movie at the cinema. I don't really care about the story; I just want to be absorbed back into the world of Tron in (true stereoscopic) 3D for a couple of hours. The Recognizers looked 'kin menacing in the trailers. Yeah, I enjoyed Avatar, too - so sue me.

8. John Sanders
    Linux

Too busy saving the mojave...

To notice the neons....

9. E 2

Nostalgia

is not a strong enough platform for good movies or good games.

10. moonface

Tron Legacy - contains just 15 minutes of gameplay!!

That's pretty sad. I remember playing Tron Deadly Disks on my Intellivision for hours. It took racking up a million points before you even saw the orange guards and there was No Save game feature.

BTW, After seeing the orange guards I would usually shit myself and it was 'Game Over' shortly after.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like