back to article Aussies want compo for bank fail

Australian bank customers are demanding compensation after bank systems failure left thousands out of cash over the weekend as bank systems failed to update accounts. A corrupt file kiboshed payments on Wednesday night and the bank is still trying to sort out the backlog. The problem was variously described as a corrupt file …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dave 46

A title

At least I know somebody's had a worse weekend than me, my sympathies go out to their techies.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

wait a minute

people actually bank online?

1. thecakeis(not)alie

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bank online and someone will nab your credentials. Bank in a bank and you'll get carded by some git who slipped the gear right underneath the noses of the bank employees.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The only thing that's certain is that it's not the bank's fault! (Chip and PIN are UNBEATABLE, don'tchaknow!) Same as always: the only person who ever gets screwed is the regular Joe...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Single use PIN

sent to mobile phone is the way the Commonwealth Bank does it.

You need to know your account number and password, and have your mobile phone.

Its opt in, too, so you can take the risk if you want to.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Aussie Banks Take the Piss

Australian banks just take the complete piss out of the customer. They're changing terms and conditions every 30 days (because you agree to that when you sign up) - they change "fee free" accounts which are heavily advertised as such and then impose high monthly fees within months of opening such accounts.

Did you know that Australian banks' biggest annual profit growth comes from penalty fee increases? Yes, it is in their interest to label you a "naughty boy" because you'll pay!

In Australia, everybody is a criminal. Why? Because it's profitable to punish.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like