back to article Magic quadrant is not exactly spell-binding

Gartner's latest mid-range and high-end modular disk array magic quadrant isn't very magical; there are no new players in the hot box and a minor exchange of places in the dog box, the bottom left-hand corner. The Magic Quadrant (MQ) is the world's most famous four-box diagram and places suppliers in one of four boxes plotted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

The fifth box ...

My cats all agree that marketing is just about as disposable as the contents of their litterboxen, but probably a trifle more toxic.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When Gartner can make a working web site...

...I'll believe they have working data sets.

Seriously, disabling the back button and having a compulsory submission form that doesn't work? WTF? No thanks.

3. Juan Inamillion
    Paris Hilton

Because she has

a nice box.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Industry analyst...

Nelson Muntz commented on "failed IPO supplier Nexsan"

"Ha ha!"

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

No title comes to mind

I think this article needs a scanned, hastely scrawled, barroom napkin diagram; drawn from memory from a quick glimpse of Gartner's MQ.

Would save us readers some time.

6. Steven Knox
    Headmaster

Simplification

"Generally speaking, the race [dele]in the leaders' box[/dele] is towards the top right-hand corner..."

Regardless of which box you are in, the goal is to go up (become more able to execute) and to the right (have a more complete vision). So that's where the race for everyone goes. Anyone not moving in that direction is automatically enrolled into the Business/Sports Metaphor Hall of Shame.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Industry analyst, Nelson Muntz commented...

" ...failed IPO supplier Nexsan..."

"Ha ha!"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like