back to article Salesforce.com hits 'appliance of science' button with new hire

Salesforce.com has created a new chief scientist role at the software company and hired erstwhile BT boffin JP Rangaswami to take on the job. He will report directly to Salesforce boss Marc Benioff to help European punters “think about innovative ways to use the real-time, mobile and social capabilities provided by Salesforce …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What?

Someone tell me the difference between these two statements:

His> "I believe that it is only a matter of time before enterprise software consists of only four types of application: publishing, search, fulfilment and conversation"

Mine> "I believe that it is only a matter of time before enterprise software consists of only four types of application: publishing, search, conversation and everything else"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

JP did nothing in 5 years at BT.

For all his positive talk on his blog - he sat back and let really naff business behaviours destroy BT.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

There goes the neighbourhood

JP Rangaswami is a complete disaster to the morale of those under him. He has an astonishing ability to talk stream-of-consciousness garbage for SO LONG that your eyes go grey and your brain melts so you just give up arguing.

It's such a shame that top execs regard this submission as some kind of victory on his part. Dilbert is tame compared to the real life of being around him...

Anon for oh so obvious reasons

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I'm sure I'm not the only one but...

I'm sure I'm not the only one but when I see Salesforce.com I immediately think of a job recruitment company.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blogshite

you have to read his Blog. You really do. Honestly. Then you will understand why you should sell your Salesforce shares.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

The question is what?

Has he ever done?

What is the contribution?

What was delivered? I don't mean bought, rebadged, sold by someone else.

I mean created, developed, delivered, sold by you.

What?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like