back to article Palm Pixi Plus budget smartphone

Following on from its Pre revamp which saw the Palm brand reinvented for the 21st Century, two recent releases have seen the brand expand with the Palm Pre Plus slider and the slimline Palm Pixi Plus. The less expensive Pixi Plus is the slimmed down in body and spec version though it still manages to cram in a Qwerty keyboard, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John 62
    Jobs Halo

s-l-o-w?

The iPhone 3G with its 400MHz processor is just about acceptable. I would certainly like a lot more of teh snappy, but it's hard to believe that a phone with a 600MHz processor could be slow.

2. Andrew Baines Silver badge
    Thumb Down

I never quite managed to get a full day

I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how nice the phone is, 18 hours is the bare minimum for a phone to be useful. Last time I used a pre, battery flat by 2pm - what use is that?

Switched my wife from a palm pre to a blackberry - she still can't get used to not carrying a charger. I get 3-4 days use from mine.

WebOS is great, just needs a proper phone.

3. Paul Ross

good phone

I got one of these two weeks ago. Thrown in extra was a back cover for use with touchstone. Battery life is a full day for me using the wifi a lot which i think is acceptable. I have disabled location services and changed the email interval which helps. WebOS 2.0 due out soon and that should bring a performance boost.

I could never go back to a Crackberry with the trackball/pad and awful web browser.

4. RobinHunter

Cool phone

Great phone. Works well. Isn't that slow at all. Best thing - call quaility which is superb. Worst thing - battery only just lasts a day. Webos is nice. For £100 if you can stand the poor battery then the phone is a bargain

5. semprance

Ttir,amcla/od

"WebOS is great, just needs a proper phone."

Amen

6. Eddy Ito

Nice and rugged

I have to say that as a clumsy oaf, I like the fact that the pixi can take a beating. I can't say how many times it's slipped out of my shirt pocket, been sat on and the countless counter height falls on to concrete flooring. Mine has even been for a quick dip in the cat's water dish some time ago and still works fine. I do wonder why Palm and now HP don't point out these strengths over the new Apple iP4. Mega marketing failure.

7. expatscot
    Thumb Up

good phone for the money

For the money it is a good little phone with an easy, intuitive OS... a joy to mess about with. For the average smartphone user it does all thats needed but may be a bit twee for some power users. As far as I am concerned for £100 it does everything, and a bit more... battery lasts about a day but seeing as I am never away from a power socket for longer is this really a hardship? And I have yet to notice it being particularly slow, or having any real lag issues..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like