back to article Fans beseige Shilpa Shetty's mobe

Bollywood babe Shilpa Shetty has described herself as "extremely perturbed" after a Indian fan got hold of her mobile number and emailed it to all and sundry, with inevitable results. According to AP, the 32-year-old thespo "was swamped with hundreds of calls" and SMS messages following the leak. Her publicist Dale Bhagwagar …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob
    Stop

FFS

I thought we all agreed the "m" word is on the banned list!

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Lukin Brewer

Help the Aged and Horny

They ought to pass that mobile number on, as a public service, to some housebound but mentally fit and imaginative Mrs Kumar type, who will only be too happy to be called up by lots of randy young males.

"Why yes, of course you can come round on a date, young man, I have nothing else planned. No, there is nothing wrong with my voice, we must have a bad connection."

Or they could lend this auspicious mobile out to womens' social clubs, to be passed around for the enjoyment of all.

"I say, Mrs Chandra, do not Bogart that shettyphone."

Come to that, Ms Shetty will be getting a new phone now, with a number that could also be susceptible to leaking. I wonder how many fake shettyphone numbers could be leaked into circulation and how many bored women could be provided with amusement before the whole thing implodes. My guess: a lot. Everybody wins. So come on you Lovely Wobbly Randy Old Indian Ladies: purchase those handsets, send your hoax emails and have fun helping out a Bollywood star in distress. You know it makes sense.

4. Adrian Jones
    Stop

Oi, Lester

I thought the M-word was banned by popular vote?

What's the punishment for its use?

5. Keith Turner
    Coat

Are any of you lot women? re:'Oi, Lester'

For uttering the word 'mobe' the punishment is akin to stoning.

You will be put up against the wall and have personal communication devices hurled at you until you either die or promise to refrain from using such profane language.

Right, got it?

Anyone saying 'mobe will . .

Oi, I was only saying 'mobe' 'cos . . .

Oh, bugger

6. Nano nano
    Flame

'Mobe' excised from Reg lexicon - The people have spoken - don't you remember ??

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/09/mobe_poll_result/

7. jonathan keith
    Coat

Paging Ms. Campbell

"personal communication devices hurled at you "

Time for our favourite battling Streatham clotheshorse to make herself useful!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Shameful Behaviour

Re: M-word vote

Hark, is that the distant sound of the readership democracy crumbling into dust whilst being stamped on by the jack-boot of poor vocabulary that I hear?

9. Mike Smith
    Stop

Re: Oi, Lester

> For uttering the word 'mobe' the

> punishment is akin to stoning.

I propose an alternative. Mr Haines' staff phone be changed to an iPhone, and he be made to write on article a week eulogising it.

10. David S

@Lukin

"Do not bogart that shettyphone"

Priceless.

It's an interesting thought, though: I'm almost tempted to put my own number here, just to see what would happen. I mean, I'm an average, normal nonentity of a guy with what probably amount to fairly run-of-the-mill opinions and views (especially among the select audience round here) and I can't imagine any reason why anyone would call my number if it were published, or what they'd say once they did. "Heh. Hello. Um..." would probably pretty much sum it up. Or someone would dig up some random phrase from their subconscious, so there'd probably be a couple of "millennium hand and shrimp" in there, but otherwise I'm pretty sure my mobile life would continue undisturbed.

So why do I brick myself at the very idea of actually doing it? Mind you, I'm resisting the urge to post anonymously. I'm not that scared...

We need a "pondering chinscratch" icon.

11. Anonymous John
    Paris Hilton

Gratuitous Paris Hilton posting

Does anyone have her mobile phone number?

12. Dave Burns
    Paris Hilton

Reminds me of...

A long long time ago I was seeing a bit of an odd girl, got bored real quick and just blanked her calls... a week later my number was in the local rag under an advert "PS2 with 15 games, 2 control pads, 2 mem cards for £30" My phone didnt stop for 2 weeks. After that I changed my number and stayed away from strange south london girls.

13. Mike
    Thumb Up

Glad to see...

mobe has made it's triumphant return to our screens!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like