back to article Hackers hop onto royal engagement search results

Knaves, scoundrels and traitors to the crown took only minutes to leap onto yesterday's news of the royal engagement in a bid to expose sentimentally patriotic surfers to malware. Links to malicious sites appeared prominently in Google searches for Kate Middleton. Malicious downloads are offered to surfers under the guise of a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Lawrence
    WTF?

Bring in the Internet Police

So this is what it's come to? We can quickly spot these baddies, we can locate the websites that peddle the scareware, we know where they are based but we can do NOTHING to shut them down? Why not? Can we not put some kind of control in place that renders the site unreachable if it is confirmed that it contains/pushes malicious software?

Is there no desire in the industry to resolve this? Is there really no way to shut these people down? Naive question I guess but this is the 21st century and I'm amazed we can't do anything clever here.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

We have a lot to learn

Try getting a change request through our organisation at that speed and you will fail, probably the same for most other organisations.

As a lesson in responding to changing markets, impressive, especially when you consider that the targets are quite likely to be the least computer literate, so your campaign should result in high hit rates.

If only legitimate business and the security industry could respond this fast. (sigh)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

So how do you become King then?

I'm bored with this 'Royal Wedding' shtick already!

1. Elmer Phud

yup

"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away. "

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Luckily I don't watch TV...

As it's bad enough on the Radio and this is just the beginning.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Malware well targetted

Royalist sychophants get all they deserve, stupid serfs. They should hang one from every lamp post in the new republic, starting with that pantomime dame Brian Who-he......

ESC - I shall try to be out of the country on the fateful day.

5. Paul 129
    Megaphone

WTF

In Australia the news was announced. Then there was a special on TV almost stright after.

The only reason why we are still a constitutional monachy here, is as a safety valve, to keep the pollies (uncorruptable, lol) hands off.

I think I'll go live in a cave until its over.... Oh hang on maybe WOW will do... Now all I need is to know the date that I can listen to main stream media again....

Oh NO! Im going to have to find the date..... Royal Trivia sites, TV, radio

NNNNOOONONNNNOOOO!!!!!!!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like