back to article Black Ops sets record sales figures

Call of Duty: Black Ops has set a new UK record after it sold 1.4m copies on its first day of release. This generated £58m in revenue, according to market watcher GfK/Chart-Track by way of trade paper MCV, and represents the most successful one-day performance of any game in the UK. Call of Duty: Black Ops Smashing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jimmy Floyd

Connection

Has anyone else had trouble connecting to games on Xbox Live ('cos I have)?

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/10/call-of-duty-black-ops-connection-problems-on-xbox-360-ps3-and-pc/

2. Simon Buttress
    Grenade

Re: Connected

Given there's a theoretical max of upwards of 5m people tryign to play the same game at the same time I'm not surprised!

3. GhostSeven

Connection Problems - To Be Expected

Yes this normally occurs when you have any game of this kind of magnitude, people complain but I don't think it is really complaint worthy as 95% of the time the service on XBL is good.

I must admit I have not had any real problems myself playing it on line (on the XBox) though I did not jump straight into on line play on the day of launch.

4. GrumpyJoe
    Thumb Up

Great Time

I'm working out (slowly) how to play the new Zombie maps - MP seems like more fun that MW2 as well (traded that in - not fun getting killed by 12 year olds with tourettes) - this seems slightly 'easier' for the old codgers amongst the player base.

Can't say I've noticed much slowdown in MP - maybe I'm lucky? (PS3)

5. Gil Grissum
    Grenade

Zombie Maps??

Did you say "Zombie Maps"?? That decides it for me. I don't think Bad Company 2 has Zombie maps, does it? Onward to BATTLE!!!

6. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

To the knockers

Lot of people have been having a pop at BlOps, saying the thing is bug-ridden, online is awful, etc. The same thing was said of Fallout: New Vegas but after putting in 60+ hours on 360 version of NV I have hit one bug and locked up twice. The patches arrived for NV within a day or two and so far it's been extremely smooth.

Nothing is perfect on day of release, you just need to have a little faith that the few minor niggles will be ironed out and the software will eventually work exactly as planned. I know this is not much consolation after forking out £45, but bear with it.

1. Avatar of They
      Thumb Down

Buggy

I heard it was buggy, and the PC version is a port of a console version and runs like a dog. The few people I know that got it are not really able to play it. Also none of the store deals cover the PC version, it was console only which is pants as FPS is all about mouse and keyboard. So I am wary of massive payout for a laggy and bug ridden game.

Reg should do a PC review of a game and see the kind of things that fall over, xbox is a one use horse with one set of a hardware and is easy to test, so doesn't really test it by the same level.

Will wait and see if the bugs are fixed and ironed out.

But Fallout NV is a buggy ridden piece of junk, 15 crashes in the first two hours because of one part alone (Near the skydiving school in the swampy ground) with people walking through rock and bodies dropping through floors in Primm. (Again on the PC) You are lucky.

7. Stuart Halliday
    Thumb Down

No Demo .. no purchase

If there isn't a demo I can play before hand. I'll not buy the game.

That way we'll get better bug-free games.

This topic is closed for new posts.