back to article RockMelt browser slithers onto interwebs

A beta of a new "social" web browser named RockMelt, which is based on Google’s open source Chromium code, was splashed onto the interwebulator today. Organs as wide-ranging as The Daily Mail and, er, The Deadbolt, have reported the arrival of what is essentially a test-build of some browser software that plays nice with Web2. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David 39
    Thumb Down

So its....

Just more malware then?

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Yet more crap I won't use and don't need.

But I don't use Facebook or Twitter either - Does that make me an old fart or just OOT?

1. Darryl

answer:

Yes

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Humpf

I don't use Facebook or Twitter. And this browser already smells bad with all this Facebook automatic update crap. Something is wrong and I already don't like it. Hopefully it will not take off because the last thing I need is another stupid browser full of security holes to support on my clients.

4. Sailfish
    FAIL

Yeah, like most people want ...

a Facebook gateway before being able to surf the web.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Flock??

Sounds like a Google version of Flock ... which has the most annoying feature that if you go to FB then it demands that its given access to your FB account and wont accept NO for an answer and keeps bringing up the same dialogue box over and over again... something which the developers think is the right thing to do.

I think I'll steer well clear.

6. ubersol
    Thumb Down

One Stop Shop

Hackers are gonna have a field day, the browser is like a one stop shop for getting hacked.

7. Rattus Rattus

Users "haven’t prioritised [security] concerns"

They ARE Facetards. Surely that's your explanation right there in a nutshell?

8. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Thanks for the heads-up

RockMelt now firmly written in my application black list, just under Facebook and next to MySpace.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like