back to article Twitter muggers stab rap star in buttock

The British rap star DJ Ironik was in hospital last night after being stabbed in the left buttock by robbers who had tracked him by Twitter. DJ Ironik was mugged outside his home in North London at 3am Saturday as he returned from a gig in Southend. He was with his manager but, outnumbered, threw a diamond cross and jewellery …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If only he'd been attacked by one of them vampire robbing gangs

he would have got away without injury, on account of his lightning-quick bling-flinging reflexes

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Its like...

...ten thousands spoons, when all you need is a knife!

I'll get my coat..

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh dear lets blame twitter

I can see it now, calls for extra privacy etc, maybe this guy underestimated music lovers, or English teachers, but none of it is twitters fault.

1. Russ Tarbox
      FAIL

Where in the article is twitter "blamed"?

It's simply stated that this is how the robbers knew his location.

2. blackworx
      FAIL

Re: Oh dear lets blame twitter

Sigh. You do know that nobody is blaming Twitter don't you? Or would that be too much like letting the facts get in the way of a good rant?

1. Martin Lyne

Er

The url is http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2010/11/07/dj_ironik_stabbed_twitter_blamed/

Note the last 2 words..

1. blackworx
          Stop

Re: Er

Since when was a hastily-chosen URL reason enough to moan about an angle which did not form part of the story?

Either way I think we're all in agreement: 1) The people who would blame Twitter are idiots. 2) None of these people are here.

1. Marvin the Martian
            Megaphone

"Agreement: .. 1) .. those who blame Twitter are idiots. 2) None ... here."

Well, except then the one that chose the twitter-blaming URL.

Who coincidentally is writing the article. Hm.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: "Agreement: .. 1) .. those who blame Twitter are idiots. 2) None ... here."

Dearie me.

4. Lionel Baden

is it bad i lol'ed ??

reaqlly is it

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Lionel_Baden

Yes, but it's still #funny. #DJIronik #Turkish_Revenge

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: is it bad i lol'ed ??

Nah! it's not that bad you lol'ed ... what would be worse if searching ebay for the knife or wondering if it was Chipmunk who stabbed his ar$e!

5. g e

Haha!

So, if he advertised his gig in The Times it'd be the paper's fault? Or was he walking down the High St tweeting 'I is on da High Street'. What nob-cockery. Verging on Darwinian to be fair.

Still, least he now down wid the homies in da hood. He jus' needin' ta be shot now, bro, to be fully made up. Styli. Innit.

Word.

1. The Indomitable Gall

I'm not going to check, but...

I suspect he tweeted more precisely, and that the muggers were following his feed on a smartphone at a safe distance, moving in when ye tweeted "I is goin home, yo!"

The posters and newspaper ads don't tend to give that sort of information.

6. Les Matthew

Who's going to take a stab

at the first butt stabbing joke?

7. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

Full props!

The fact that he made it out of Southend alive on a Saturday night, a small matter like a mugging with violence must have been a walk in the park!

1. lee harvey osmond

... Southend?

"The fact that he made it out of Southend alive on a Saturday night, a small matter like a mugging with violence must have been a walk in the park!"

[1] he was attacked on his own doorstep in North London

[2] had he been attacked in Southend, he would likely not have survived; impersonating a musician is very poorly tolerated in these parts

2. Mike Moyle
      Coat

But I thought he got stabbed in the south end...!

Coat icon, for obvious reasons...

8. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Eh????

They knew he was performing at a gig thanks to twitter....

Of the thousand posters stuck to every lampost, phonebox and wall for 10 square miles and no doubt on also on his website, concert promo's website, ticket agencies website etc etc etc...

9. HFoster

Fuck it

I laughed, and I also thought, "he deserved it."

Re: Fuck it

Nice.

10. Cazzo Enorme

Err ...

How did they track him to his NORTH LONDON home via a Twitter announcement of a gig in SOUTHEND?

And as much as a I'd like to offer sympathy, anyone wandering around with *that* necklace is a tool.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Wot no posse widdem?

I thought these sort of people always travelled with a 'cru' or something?? Golly gosh!

12. Rogerborg

Lyrical fail

Who are you going to mug? The muscle bound gangsta who raps about capping a pop in you ass, or the skinny peacenik luvva boy?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Why choose

when you can mug both?

13. Graham Bartlett
    Coffee/keyboard

@AC, "Its like... "

Top marks, my man!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Illiterate entertainer stabbed in arse. Kept in overnight. Released following day.

Is that it?

I don't know why I bothered reading.

Re: Illiterate entertainer stabbed in arse. Kept in overnight. Released following day.

So sorry to have bothered you.

15. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

maybe

it wasnt a muger, but the band who's music he "sampled" and didnt pay royalties for?

I is a bad muvver innit

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like