back to article Scarlett Johansson unleashes voracious sexuality in steamy alien film

Delightful news reaches us that the svelte and rather lovely Scarlett Johansson will be starring as a “ruthless alien seductress” in an upcoming sci-fi film entitled Under the Skin. Jonathan Glazer, the writer and director of the excellent Sexy Beast, is fronting FilmNation’s British production, according to The Hollywood …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt K

So...

A made-for-Channel-Five version of Species, then?

2. Tom_

Species

So it's Species, but from the point of view of Scarlett Johansson. We'll either never see her or it'll be like the video to Smack My Bitch Up and we'll merely catch a glimpse of her at the end.

Bargain.

3. Andy Farley
    WTF?

Sounds familiar.

Isn't this really BSG?

4. GrumpyJoe
    Thumb Down

Species?

Anyone?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

So.. like Species..

only without Natasha Henstridge or the H.R. Giger styling.

6. Al Napp
    WTF?

BinDun

Species ?

7. Lottie

story...

... sounds familiar.

Species?

8. Jimmy Floyd
    Paris Hilton

Blah blah blah...

...but does she get her rack out?

Like most of you weren't thinking that...!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

how could you even think that?

never mind....

9. Fading
    Unhappy

This story is useless without pics.....

Internet meme maybe but oh so relevent.

10. Slappy
    Coat

Giggedy

Giggedy, giggedy, giggedy.

That is all!

Mines the Quagmire shirt

11. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Will it be in 3D?

Good news, the plot sounds more like a perspective swap on Avatar with the contrived plot device (i.e., unobtainable) swapped for a more universal and straightforward motivation of hunger/sex.

12. Pinkerton
    Badgers

Pre. Dick. Table.

So... Post a tottie-based, perv-bait story on a Friday afternoon and then stand back and see if more than one in 50 posts are actually fit for human consumption.

You're either:

(a) Trying to keep La Moderatrix busy

(b) Doing a survey in to Pavlovian response

I almost forgot: Phwoooargh, I'd do that, etc, etc, etc.

13. Steve King

(sorry if this is a double post - small glitch just there...)

Showing my age now..... While most of you thought Species, I thought My Stepmother is an Alien!

14. a53

Hmm

Probably worth a look then?

15. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Please, please, please,,,

..be a remake of Femalien.

16. Jim 59

British Films

“She is deadly efficient..."

Wow ! Sounds great. I can't wait to -

"... but over time becomes drawn to and changed by the complexity of..."

Oh Horlicks. It is a British film, ie. a self indulgent glop from the Hampstead Set that won't even cover its own distribution costs. Don't be excited.

17. Big Al
    Welcome

I for one...

... wish to welcome our outrageously oversexed galactic overlords and mistresses! They might help everyone else to loosen up a bit, one way or another.

Tho' it sounds suspiciously like someone in the Screenwriters' Guild caught a re-run of MiB2 to me...

18. Peter Clarke 1
    Joke

Spoiler

But you're telling us the plot!

I'm sure it will all be done in the best possible taste

19. MinionZero
    Thumb Down

Sounds like an Aaron Spelling style sickly sweet storyline

@"over time becomes drawn to and changed by the complexity of life on earth. With this new-found humanity and weakening alien resolve, she finds herself on a collision course with her own kind."

I guess they have also seen the remake of the V Series, because that is exactly the role of Anna's daughter. Which given this weak Aaron Spelling style sickly sweet storyline helps explains why I'm so bored by the remake of the V Series, yet I found the original V Series exciting and even better, at times shocking when characters you started to get to know, were suddenly killed off and you didn't know who was next, as almost anyone could die next. Point being there was a strong storyline and suspense, and excitement. Whereas this Scarlett Johansson film sounds just like a sickly sweet episode of Beverly Hills, 90210.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This sounds like complete crap

I strongly suspect that next summer will present us with the nadir of the current crop of SF movies

21. Chris Seiter
    Thumb Up

Little Green Bag

Can't quite figure out how they're going to make the game "Unde the Skin" into a movie with her; unless she is going to be Princess Cleo.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

But I'm giving away the PLOT!

Go see it -- you''ll love it -- it's all done in the BEST POSSIBLE TASTE!!!!

1. HMcG
      Pint

..and then suddenly all my clothes fall off!

Are you anticipating a guest appearance by Captain Kremmen?

23. The elephant in the room
    Alien

I for one welcome...

etc

24. Graham O'Brien
    Thumb Down

Excellent novel

Thought-provoking and well written. Unfortunately I hold out no such hope for any Hollywood version.

25. JP19

Stolen

S.J. is stolen biological material, taken against will and formed to clones line 200 pieces total. Sign of dangerous criminal activity. Original Scarlett Galabekian future pediatrician doctor, pediatrician nurse license she obtained in 2008.

26. kryptonaut

Excellent...

I really enjoyed the book - hope the film does it justice.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

... co-wrote the script...

the what? why do we need one of those?

28. Steve Taylor 3
    WTF?

Clever, moody, low key book.

Though the plot description is sorta-kinda-not-completely-inaccurate, the book 'Under the Skin' is actually low key, miserable, and clever. It's not within a squillion miles of Species/Predator/Aliens/pick-your-alien-monster-movie and is more about dislocation and loneliness than it is about eviscerating random hitchhikers.

SF book->movie adaptions have a long history of completely ignoring their source material, but I hope in this case they know what they're doing and that the trashiness here is just The Reg doing its standard "look at us - we're pretending to be a tabloid" schtick.

29. foxyshadis

Reminds me of...

On the other hand, the description seems to perfectly describe the soft-but-almost-hardcore Alien Sex Files 3. I would be surprised if Scar Jo took a film like that, but hell, everyone's got to slum now and then. Good for the soul.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Great book!

I too, hope they don't ruin it, it's a far better story than any of the films mentioned above that you think it's a version. Good choice for the lead I'd say.

This topic is closed for new posts.