back to article North Korean PDA hits shelves

North Koreans can now listen to music, read e-books and watch videos on the second PDA to be available in local shops, assuming they can afford the $140 price tag. Nuclear bombs, intercontinental missiles and fusion reactors: it seems there's no limit to North Korean ingenuity, and now the country even has its own Personal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 7

20th Century arrives north of border

lucky bastards - I spent most of my IT career helping people use computers to emulate 19thC office technology.

2. JP Strauss
    FAIL

Patnet lawyers?

I'd pay big money to watch patent lawyers try to persaude North Korea to allow their heads and bodies to catch the same flight home.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Is it true

That the North Korean government is getting advice from Steve Jobs on how to be a real dictator?

2. Yannick Bashibuzuck
      Go

Time to send Team America

Fuck yeah!

3. Liam Johnson

Patent Lawyers?

Your breaking my balls Hans....

4. N2

My reply

Has been censored by a dictatorship

5. The Original Ash
    Joke

Security feature

Using the device for any purpose which could be linked to subverting the will of The Good and Godly Kim Jong Il will result in the battery overheating and exploding.

ALL HAIL XEN... Uhh KIM JONG IL!

6. NogginTheNog
    WTF?

Am I missing the sarcasm?

"with that touchscreen we assume that patent lawyers from Apple will be booking the first available flight."

Hang on, the pic shows it being used with a STYLUS: something I thought Apple vowed would never (need to) get near their iPhones?

7. Rich (the other one)

Extra feature

You forgot to mention that it can also convert electrical energy into matter ...

You'll need a high powered USB port for that though, so USB hub users are out of luck :-(

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oooh!

If they like their tech that hi do you think they'd like to buy the old iPAQ 3870 I have in the cupboard?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Can you imagine a meeting between Kim Jon-Il & Steve Jobs?

Every time somebody referred to the "Beloved leader", there'd be no end of confusion.

Still, at least they'd be able to compare notes on keeping inconvenient stories about their poor health quiet.

1. yeehaw....
      Black Helicopters

rumored 3G network.....

Betcha Kim Jon-ll has an iPhone.... Which begs the question: What sort of apps does Kim download from the Apple iWalmart?

Things that make you go "Hmmmm.... I wonder?"

10. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

PC world

tsk tsk.. A British publication not specifying which pc world is going to cause grief!

For the Brits, The Auther doesn't mean 'PC World' the highstreet tat monger, but instead he means the 'PC World' American IT publication.

11. John Savard

Another Entry

I'm surprised that this entry

http://ashen-rus.livejournal.com/8466.html

from the same blog didn't rate a story here. Now, it isn't just possible to look at screenshots of North Korea's Red Star Linux (as opposed to an OS of the same name from some Argentine leftists), you can actually download it!

12. CmdrX3
    Pirate

Lucky Bastards!!

I bet the jammy sods will get Intel 286 DX computers sometime within the next few decades.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

ha

lmao Shocked north Koreans can do ANYthing.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does this mean...

... that Google Maps won't have to show North Korea as a big blank anymore?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like