back to article Google's 'Instant' search engine goes mobile

Google has brought its "Instant" search engine to mobile devices. On Thursday, the search giant rolled out a beta version of Google Instant for Android handsets, the Jesus Phone, and the iPod touch. Google Instant is the latest incarnation of the company's primary search engine. It serves up search-results pages as you type, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ivan Headache

I wonder?

Not having tried it I can't say for sure how it can help by being any faster than this page was compiled in 0.12 seconds.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ugh, no thanks

I'm not a mobile user, mostly because the current data plans seem a bit limited to me and I can't help but think that this would eat a greater chunk out of them than regular searches would?

1. IPB
      Stop

I use an HTC Desire on t-mobile

Unless you download massive files it's nigh on impossible to touch the sides of 500mb in a month, even more so if you have wifi on at home and/or work.

3. Rattus Rattus

"but wouldn’t it be great..."

No. No, it wouldn't.

4. Neil Hunt
    Thumb Down

Ugh

Surely it's not only me that switched it off. It was irritating, but the worst bit was forcing me to have only 10 results, when I've had 100 for donkeys.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

disabled

While it doesn't use up much of the bandwidth allowance, it does mean that you are making a little call to google on every character. Over a mobile connection it produces lag.

Add predictive text to this and it becomes stupid.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like