back to article Google man slings mud at Facebooked Bing

Microsoft updated its new Facebook-powered Bing tools on Tuesday, and über-Googler Matt Cutts promptly splattered this Bingbook setup with another large handful of virtual mud. Cutts — the Delphic Oracle of Google SEO — doesn't like Facebook because he believes the "instant personalization" tools it offers up to Bing and other …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Sheesh

facebook v/s googe is boring. Come up with new stuff like facebook v/s twitter

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kettle meet pot, pot meet kettle

Is it me or this is all from the "Kettle calling the pot black" book?

3. petur
    FAIL

small difference

If I Google for something it won't serve private content of others, only what's out there in public... The stuff people keep on facebook goes (IMHO) much further than what Google can get its hands on.

4. Tron Silver badge

Pot.

Kettle. Black.

5. jake Silver badge

Hands up everyone ...

... who doesn't have all of the above in the border router's DENY tables, wherever and whenever possible. Why hands up? So the rest of us can point & giggle ... and add you to said DENY tables for being completely clueless about personal security.

6. Atonnis
    Stop

Err

I'd take Bing/MS services over Google any day of the week, but am I reading this right?

'You will show up in profile searches in Bing, even if you have selected not to have profile information show up in public search engines'

It's ambiguous, I know - but can anyone actually tell me (I'm not overreacting, just wanting information) whether 'friends of friends' can actually search and find me when I specifically set all of my privacy options to stop them from seeing me at all?

If Bing, or any other public search engine, bypasses privacy controls surely that'd be grounds for an investigation? Still, I'll wait until I have the answers before screaming :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like