back to article Samsung Galaxy Tab data contracts compared

Samsung's Galaxy Tab 7in Android tablet officially goes on sale today. Want one? To help you work out which network will offer you the best 3G data deal, we've compared carriers' pre-pay tariffs to see how they match up. We've compiled deals from both ends of the spectrum to show the sort of deals each network has to offer. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. IPB
    WTF?

How much?

Can't I just buy an iPad for less than they want for a device on a contract?

1. Neill Mitchell

Not with 3G

"Can't I just buy an iPad for less than they want for a device on a contract?"

No, you can't. 16GB 3G iPad is £529.

Suspiciously similar pricing strategy though. The Samsung is a ridiculous price and it won't sell in anywhere near the iPad numbers. Should have been £300 and then they might have got somewhere.

Pricing has just gone mad. I guess everyone sees Apple getting away with it and want a piece. I guess people will vote with their feet.

2. David Lucke

Extra data prices not too bad shocker

My initial comment was going to be "but they only let you have 500MB per month!". But if you do the math, if you pay the extra to increase your monthly amount to the 1GB that everyone else offers, its still cheaper than any of them.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I pay £5 a month for 2Gb from Three

and use it nicely on my 3G iPad. 7" is just too small 8-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Orange - Network Problem - Please try again later.

Fail Square cos its closest to the orange logo, oh yeah and cos they FAIL!

DONT BOTHER WITH ORANGE - They provide Voice services only. They have no remit to provide Data and do so only when they can be bothered FWIW Thier GPRS Service is down AGAIN today and there is surprisingly NO DATA again!

4. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

Their, They're & There!!! I blame new labour personally...

Plus their 3G signal is patchy.

Jesus!

1. StephenMe

Your English is worse than mine!

That should be "New Labour" and the "personally" is not wrong, just poor style.

2. Caleb Cox (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Vodafone PAYG read again!

We've just double checked with Vodafone and the offer you question isn't limited by occasional use. You can pay £2 every day for 500MB, should you wish. If you were definitely using 500MB each day, it would work out cheaper to opt for Vodafone's £25 monthly-contract. O2 is not the cheapest option, especially when you consider the tablet is £100 more to begin with. For the difference in cost, a subscription to a Wifi provider could be afforded and Vodafone would still work out cheaper.

1. StephenMe

Occasional users only!

It's the cost that limits it to occasional use only, not Vodafone policy.

It's £3 line rental plus £2 for each day you use it. Your article still does not make this clear.

I never said O2 was the cheapest, I said best value.

They have a great 3G signal backed-up by unlimited WIFI; I have used both Vodafone and O2.

"If you were definitely using 500MB each day, "

Over a 3G connection? If you did somehow manage this they would soon hit you with a fair use clause.

5. Dante Alighieri
    Headmaster

N/A

is that not available, not applicable or some other abbreviation.

Are you claiming the wi-fi is permanently switched off or that the tel-co doesn't specify?

Enquiring minds need to know - 3G only data isn't a great option

6. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Certaintly, please

Enough of this wishy washy apples-and-oranges comparison.

Give me CERTAINTY!

QUESTION: which provider offers a CAP on 3G data? After my 500MB it's nothing, right? Not a screw-me-senseless 100 POUNDS PER GIGABYTE charge from a telco that can't even tell me how much data I've used this month??

I'm tired of these reviews that don't answer the MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like