back to article Lender objects to $13m sex.com sale

The $13m sale of the domain name sex.com has been thrown into doubt after one of its bankrupt owner's creditors made an official objection. Nuthin' But Net (NBN) LLC filed a motion in a California bankruptcy court yesterday, claiming the funds from the sale will be unfairly distributed to "insiders" at the expense of money it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. wayward4now
    Linux

More money than brains

Sure, it's "catchy" but 13 mil for a domain name? That just encourages the idiots out there to park on more domainnames. How about sex.sex? I better grab that one first! Ric

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

I just don't get it

Why would anyone pay $13m for sex.com. OK, I understand the theory of advertising, but why would anyone visit sex.com. OK, I understand the name, but really. Anyone looking for anything nowadays uses google (or their mainstream search engine of choice).

Now I could understand google.xxx selling for $13m (if they ever release .xxx)

3. spoiltcow
    Boffin

dashcoms as well as dotcoms

Domain name sex-sex already taken as well as other "unfamilar" tags such as google-com, google-google and even google-xxx (dashworlds.com)

4. Tom 13

You'll never outmanuever Google on registering domain names.

They run the searches and know what the punters are mistyping in their searches. They also know that even at $100/yr per domain is cheaper than the lawyers fees if someone else grabs it first.

This topic is closed for new posts.