back to article X-Factor singer withdraws over 'happy slapping' vid

X-Factor finalist Emily Nakanda has withdrawn from the hit show after footage emerged of her attacking another girl in a "happy slapping" video. Mobile phone footage showed 15-year-old Emily in school uniform holding her victim in a headlock and pulling her hair.The Sun reports that she said: "If it rips out I'm gonna get …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob
    Paris Hilton

oddness

Whilst i despise x-factor and it's inbred televisual relations, what does this girl's being a psycho bitch have to do with her singing ability?

2. Scooby
    Thumb Down

what a..

useless chav. she deserves all the ad press she gets.

3. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Coat

The yoof of today!

I despair for them, I mean how thick can they be!?!?! In my day, when we did stuff that could land us in trouble with Those That Must Be Obeyed, the first thing we did was make sure we removed all evidence and avoided witnesses. What kind of imbecile actually gets their dodgy mates to video them in the act? The Bash Street Kids must be spinning in their graves.

I'll have a fleece, please, I'm out on the town tonight and it's a bit parky round here.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

oh well too bad

another wannabe pop-star chav bites the dust, ho-hum

5. James Hutchinson
    Happy

Charming...

How lovely is that? Ah putting little girls on the telly and pretending they have talent is really a joke isn't it? Like most of today's youth it would appear she is a mindless idiot, oh what a surprise that is really. Hah not at all. Good hopefully this can aid to the hopeful pulling of the X Factor from our screens' for good, soon.

As for what said chav girl does to the people around her, I don't really care to be honest. She is an idiot but aren't most kids' these days?

6. SpitefulGOD
    Gates Halo

@Rob

She's supposed to be a role model, what does being a murderer or peadophile have to do with singing ability

BTW, Bullies are dicks and if she did anything like that to a daughter of mine (i don't have any kids) I'd kill her.

7. Mike Moyle
    Coat

Self-centered, violent, and out of control...

...Yup... Got all the makings of a pop celebrity right there... SIGN 'ER UP!

8. Jacob Reid
    IT Angle

@Declan

they are going too slowly! Maybe we should think of a way to get rid of at least 10 at once.

/me opens photoshop

9. ElFatbob

wise up...

at last, some truth.

""As a family we are heartbroken and are very disappointed with Emily's behaviour,"

reads..."oh shite, she's been found out as the bullying piece of crap she is"

ye reap what ye sow....

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Frank Haney
    IT Angle

@SpitefulGOD

"She's supposed to be a role model, what does being a murderer or peadophile have to do with singing ability"

Being a murderer didn't do Leadbelly's career any harm.

I've got to agree with Declan, although I'm sure that if we got rid of X Factor they'd only come up with an even worse, just when you thought it was safe to turn on the telly, Son of X Factor.

12. Grant

@@SpitefulGOD

But Leadbelly had talent.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Bollocks he did!

Leadbelly had no more talent that 50cent - all it takes is a marketing machine and gulible idiots who buy their brand of nasty shit.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OK so the "yoof" of today arent afraid of being busted by the cops.

But this lady has apparrently gone on a very violent anti-social spree, and now its caught up with her in other ways.

This should be publicised as far and wide as possible in the press, as it gives the "yoof" of today a reason to be afraid of their actions - get a shot at being famous and your past WILL come back and haunt you.

My £0.02. Rip-Off-Britain Price £0.99. Actual Value £0.00. :-)

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Withdrawn?

Is that it? She withdrew from the X Factor? Shouldn't the police be involved? And her mum has a man's name, albeit a slightly queer mans name!

16. The Mighty Spang
    Flame

reality tv is for morons

turn the fucking tv off, read a book perhaps, stop blaming schools for not educating your yowling offspring and get with the program.

17. Spleen
    Thumb Up

Did you ever know that you're my hero...

"BTW, Bullies are dicks and if she did anything like that to a daughter of mine (i don't have any kids) I'd kill her."

Nothing says "classy" more than "I'd murder a 15-year-old girl for an act of minor violence".

But then, why buy a ceremonial katana off eBay if you're not going to use it?

18. Chris Taylor

@ The wit and wisdom of the mighty spang

stop blaming schools for not educating your yowling offspring

eh? so what are schools for during those 12 years that they have the kids for.

Muppet, by your lights children of "disadvantaged" or stupid people are condemned to the lives and horizons of their parents.

19. Taskis

Britishness

I don't know whether SpitefulGOD is British, but I'm guessing s/he is since s/he did put an 'a' in 'paedophile'; albeit in the wrong place.

<< if she did anything like that to a daughter of mine (i don't have any kids) I'd kill her. >>

The above bit of macho chest-pounding is a shining (?) example of one of the biggest problems in British society today: the increasingly widespread inability of British people to react proportionately. Whatever our various imperialistic wrongs, Britain was once a byword for dignity, restraint and stoicism. Now, we're a nation obsessed with emotion: the most unreasonable attitudes, actions and reactions can be legitimised by appeal to our 'feelings'. We take pride in our anger, we nurture our grievances, and we use a self-righteous sense of injury and victimhood to justify excessive and unreasonable knee-jerk responses to anything we perceive as infringing on our 'rights'.

And in a society that so freely endorses such selfish behaviour, we wonder why our children are beating each other senseless and videoing it for the amusement of their friends.

This topic is closed for new posts.