back to article Oz motorist reacts rather testily to small todger slur

An Oz motorist who reacted to a woman's suggestion that he was somewhat lacking in the trouser department by throwing a bottle at her was fined A$400 for his trouble, news.com.au reports. The victim of Simon Jardak's road rage had provoked him by making the "little pinkie" gesture championed by NSW Roads and Traffic Authority' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A history of violence...

When the pinkie ads last came up there was a comment by a guy who apparently spends his Saturdays winding up his local cars-with-shit-stuck-on club so that when they over-react as described in the article, then he can feel morally justified to beat them up..

Shame he wasn't there really...

2. Peter Kay

Obviously he *did* have a small willy

..if he was that offended by it

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If...

If you can't control yourself enough to not throw bottles at people, whilst you are supposed to be concentrating on the road, should you be allowed to drive?

Discuss.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Heh, I think that might have been me JonB

I get pissed off at these guys because of their massively insecure behavior just in terms of cars, and happily when challenged show em what for. HOWEVER!

If I saw a bloke throw a bottle at a bird after she "emasculated" a man with good reason I doubt he'd make it to morning. There is no justifiable reason to do that to a woman, the fairer of the sex remember. If you react like that, chances are she's right, in the sense that you've got a small todger.

All I can say is, the guy might be a big prick, but judging by his actions he obviously doesn't have a big prick.

@JonB WRT your response in the last posting on this subject, I think you should remember that I respond in kind to these tw@s, I don't especially want to hit anyone.

-- Remaining anonymous as per the previous post on the subject of smack down laying.

5. Law
    Alert

take her pinky from her

......ya know, as a souvenir!!

maybe all aussie men should have "who let the dogggggs out WHO WHO WHOWHO" on pause and volume set to max... in retaliation of said offensive gesture.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The simple response

... is to show your middle-finger back.

(Still thinking of a "Pinky and the Brain" angle to thse stories).

7. Ben Gibson
    Unhappy

Maybe

People should stop trying to make other people feel bad. -.-

8. Chris Hill
    Coat

@law

I think having a bucket or possibly a welly-top to wave in reply would be much more fitting

9. cor
    Coat

A clear case of ..

.. penis envy, m'lord.

10. Mark

Prove her wrong

At least the court will have a laugh when the woman complains and the man responds "hey, you seemed to want to know if it was small!"

11. Andrew Moore
    Thumb Up

It's a good campaign...

and it's quite universal too- I'm doing a bit of R&R in Spain at the mo and I used it on a boy racer just this lunchtime. The look on his face confirmed that he knew exactly what I meant by it.

12. Dave
    Go

bi*ch?

ok, so the guy might have a small penis, but no mention of whether the guy's driving was in any way dangerous, maybe he was going a bit quick, but going fast IS fun.

So perhaps this woman is just really up-tight? After all, she's showing a positive reaction to a government road safety campaign.. plus it's kind of uhh... "below the belt" to make such suggestions. So maybe she's a bi*ch?

So was he right to throw a bottle at her?

Was it a glass bottle?

What was in it?

Was she in a car? Because "Malicious damage" suggests property damage (as opposed to say "bodily harm")

Just some things to think about before making rash judgments on a half page story.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Appropriate response

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/s/single.htm

Give the symbol for "you are single", (symbol "single, alone, somebody, something" by sticking your index finger up on right hand, other fingers closed, make a small circle. Add in the word "obviously" by sneering as you do it.

Alternatively, make the symbol for "lesbian" by keeping your fingers straight on your right hand and touching the tip of your thumb to the tip of the index finger while keeping thumb straight and showing the resultant crevice to the party concerned. (OK I made that one up!).

14. Pete
    Coat

Big news here...

...but no so big down under

15. Adam Williamson
    Thumb Down

Title

dave: ah, and in your world, the appropriate response to meeting someone who is a 'bitch' (which, in your lexicon, appears to mean 'female person who does something with which I disagree') is to haul off and chuck a bottle at them?

Wow, remind me never to go to one of *your* parties.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Speeding makes your cock bigger, just not on the road.

I do speed, just not on the road. There is no skill whatsoever involved in driving fast in a straight line, go to the track lads -- and girls, coz I see you every day trying to undertake me -- a biker, we OWN the road.

Now I'm off to ebay to get some blue lights for under my wife's yaris, maybe some go faster stripes too.

17. Jim Coe
    Pirate

Has it ever occurred to anyone.....

That all the problems besetting the world today are caused by just one thing.....Surplus male testosterone.

Its effects range from mild boasting (sometimes evident even here), through to preening,belligerence,greed, violence and on to murder.

For example, a lot is added to the USA's favaourite food--steak!

Has it also been added to Danish/ German/English lager

18. Hollerith

slurs and responses

Slurs on someone, by hand gesture or words, is not really acceptable behaviour even if the sluree is behaving badly. But too often a little jokey gesture by a woman gets a hugely violent reaction (worse than a thrown bottle). The dick is not a sacred object.

By the way, calling a woman a lesbian is not insulting her. It is only, 90% of the time, a mis-description.

19. laird cummings

Emasculated..?!

By a pinky gesture?!

Whatta sissy - Bet he wears silkies!

20. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Huh?

I speed but I don't have a small penis either.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Re: The simple response

Correct, the best response to one hand gesture indicating that you have a small wee wee is to respond by letting them know you have a big wee wee, you know, palm facing you, extending the largest finger on your hand and hold accordingly. The person who can hold it the longest wins and is therefor correct! lol.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Appropriate gesture

Dispense paper bag(s) - number in proportion to hurt felt multiplied by square of the attractiveness of the perpetrator?

Look guys, time to vary the syntax a little bit. Anyone can spot that these Anonymous Cowards are all aussies just from the paragraph constriction.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Well

I came burning up on this Vectra once doing about 80 or so in the fast lane. I was doing 95 and it didn't move out of the way so I flashed (my headlights). In the UK this generally means the car in front will stamp on the brakes so I moved into the middle lane to avoid a collision. As I moved along side the Vectra I noticed a rather nice female driver sitting there looking all angry and giving it the finger etc. I gave a nice grin whilst looking at her chest and looked ahead (well I'm flying along the motorway afterall). The next time I looked across the lady had lifted her top and was showing me her boobs! Appropriate gesture.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Offensive gesture

It was an offensive gesture: it was intended to be offensive, and it was received as offensive.

As a bloke, you learn that it's ok to do that if you are willing to take the chance of having your head punched in.

If you're a fem, is there any downside at all?

25. Michael Reed
    Thumb Down

Double standard

A woman is obsessed with her body and how it measures up to cultural expectations: she's a victim. A man is similarly obsessed: he's an idiot for being so silly.

That advert obviously recognises and re-enforces such expectations.

26. Simon Harvey
    Stop

But its not been asked yet ...

... why was she making the pinkie gesture? Sorry, but even chicks in Sydney aren't shallow enough to do the gesture at random without reason.

I suspect the bloke in question have been acting like a hoon, driving dangerously and being a tw@t - probably all three at the same time (particularly if he was driving across the bridge and still had time to throw a bottle out of the window - obviously not concentrating on his driving.

Good on her. And the Magistrate should be shamed for not asking the above question.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Well me and my small pinky

much prefer to troll/ flame on message boards. Makes me feel big and there is less chance of being killed.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

giant member

I was born with a deformed, giant, oversized penis, when I'm in the car it either rests on the gas pedal or the brake - so I'm either accelerating hard or braking hard because of the vibration.

29. The Aussie Paradox
    Paris Hilton

Someone had to ask.

Where is the Paris Hilton angle?

Oh wait...never mind.

And as for the IT angle?

/hat, coat, out the door and into my very small car!

30. Sir Runcible Spoon

return gesture?

perhaps just passing your hand down your chest followed by a small groping gesture - or whatever you can come up with to infer that she's flat-chested maybe.

Of course, this might not work if she's carrying her own airbags :)

Perhaps it would be better to infer she has a large nose, that gets them, or a moustache, they *really* hate that one, so make a little hitler tash with your index finger :P

31. Damian Gabriel Moran
    Coat

does not having a car...

mean I am hung like donkey (well shank's pony at least)?

32. Mark Johnson

Such a shame...

...that he had to resort to throwing a bottle, when he could have silenced the lady simply by whipping his cock out.

33. Iain Gilbert

Speed makes you bigger

Well if mass becomes infinite as you approach the speed of light, speed does make it "bigger"!

34. lglethal Silver badge
    Go

The facts

Just thought id mention a few of the facts here as i saw this on telly about a week ago.

a) he was speeding and driving recklessly.

b) they were both driving at the time (hence the malicious damage charge rather then an assault charge)

c) he has prior's for violence and admitted to having anger issues.

d) if you take offence to someone implying you have a small penis then you obviously have "size" issues.

He's a dickhead - should have had his car confiscated. 'Nuff said...

This topic is closed for new posts.