back to article Angry Birds addicts crash GetJar site

Android users eager to play Rovio's free Angry Birds game have toppled the servers at GetJar. Interested parties got an email from Rovio saying that the beta was finally over, and that an advertising-supported version of the irate avian vs larcenous porcine game would be available shortly - initially at GetJar and soon on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dux
    Boffin

only remaining platform?

I guess Bill doesn't recognize some of the other players on the market.... where's my angry birds for Blackberry?

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Do people still use them?

RIM marketshare is plummeting, the Play Pad or whatever stupid name they have given it won't save them.

Android is taking marketshare from all the others.

1. Oninoshiko
        Boffin

83% of stats are made up on the spot

So, where are your stats from?

mine are from goldman sachs.

http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/2010/01/android_wins_sm.html

while android *IS* growning in marketshare, it is doing so at the expense of symbian, non-android linux, and Windows mobile, NOT Blackberry. Blackberry marketshare is unchanged in the last year (a marketshare that beats iPhone, Android, and Windows Mobile).

2. stucs201
      Terminator

only remaining platform?

Can't seem to find the PC version. Or are computers (and consoles?) suddenly not gaming platforms?

Ah well, back to stomping Giant Death Robots over Japan in CIV5 then...

(terminator, death robot - if not a particularly giant one.)

2. Reverend Loki

Damn tease

"Perhaps by Monday we can all be lording it over those poor souls sporting Windows phones - the only platform on which the game doesn't yet run. "

You had me all excited there for a moment, but then I checked, and nope, no Blackberry OS port yet.

3. Tom 15

And what about...

And what about my Samsung TouchWiz?

1. John 104

Funny

I thought touchwiz was an interface, not a phone....

Rockin it on my galaxy though. :)

4. Andy Watt
    Flame

Hee hee!

Giggling fanboi on deck, iPad and iPhone Bird Enabled...

5. Bradley
    FAIL

GetFail

Oh great another android app store. These things are to android as the fart app is to iOS.

By monday it should be available on the Android market, so no need to even go near GetJar.

6. F111F
    Joke

It's...

those thieving swine!

7. DrXym

Awesome game

Angry Birds is such a slick game and to get it for nothing is a bargain. The way ads is integrated is a bit irritating though - I think it would be less annoying to put it on the dialogs rather than overlay it over the start of levels. I'm surprised they don't offer to disable ads for a dollar because I expect they'd make even more money. BTW It's up on Android Marketplace so getjar is not the only site it can be obtained from. Great game and hopefully its appearance is a sign of things to come.

1. .thalamus
      Linux

Ads...

Rovio tweeted at the weekend that the reasons they didn't offer a paid version straight away and went for the ad supported model was that they wanted the game released worldwide, but paid apps aren't available in some countries and paid apps have never done particularly well on Android.

Apparently a paid version with no ads will be forthcoming. :)

8. MarkOne
    FAIL

Clusterfook

And this is WHY we use Google Android Market, with it’s proper infrastructure. Google must be laughing their ass off at this total clusterfuck….

9. Busby
    FAIL

Doesn't work

Got the download yesterday installed fine but doesn't run properly on my xperia x10 app loads but just a blank screen. Presumably fine on a lot of phones but not impressed with my experience on android with angry birds.

Still the ultimate time waster on the iPad.

10. heyrick Silver badge

12Mb?!?

Okay... I won't install it on my phone then. Too old, it chokes on jars much smaller than that!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Angry birds?

Meh?

Games for kiddies...

12. This post has been deleted by its author

13. joshimitsu
    Happy

Works on the HTC Hero.

Only stutters abit on the bigger levels.

14. Pat 4

Buggers

The game does not work on Sony X10 XPeria phones...

Buggers...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like