back to article Samsung HW-C450 2.1 soundbar

Once you've tried upgrading the raw sound that comes from your TV, there's simply no way back. Virtually any dedicated sound system will be better than the speakers on even the most highfalutin of tellies. If you’re looking for something less sprawling than a multispeaker surround set-up, the then Samsung’s HW-C450 is aimed at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shades
    Paris Hilton

Eh?

"This soundbar bar is not exactly bursting with connection options either. There are two optical digital connections and one analogue. This is less than ideal if you want to take your sound directly from several different inputs such as TV, Blu-ray player, Sky/cable box and games console"

Do most (modern) TV's not come with an optical digital out? Plug-in Sky box/Blu-Ray/Console via HDMI and it all gets pumped out via the optical digital out to whatever device you choose.

//Paris because she's got plenty of inputs

2. 3G or not to 3G
    FAIL

Sync?

What no picture latency compensation?

Is anyone using this doomed to watching Films & TV that look as badly dubbed as a Ferrero Rocher advert? At least a TV's in-built speakers are time-aligned with the screen, as is any AV amplifier connected via HDMI.

Ah Monsieur Samsung, with this loose lip sync you are spoiling us!

3. Jules Wilko
    Thumb Down

Seriously 80%? With no HDMI? You have to be kidding me...

Reviewer- please? Optical inputs only??

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

More gruel please

Not sure about the UK but here all the in the states soundbars seem to be all the rage. Would be very curious how this one stacks up to the likes of Boston Acoustics (who I think might have been the first around). At the same time I've heard Vizio has the chreapest and that it's comparable to the rest.

Of course, Yamaha has a real surround sound soundbar but it requires a receiver/amp and costs at least double the rest.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like