back to article Screwpop Tool

Txt Take: product reviews in 140 characters... Screwpop Tool Pictures Screwpop Tool Screwpop Tool Screwpop Tool Screwpop Tool Want our Txt Take on your gadget or accessory? Just send it in to Reg Hardware. Details here. ® Screwpop Tool

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Stephenson
    Thumb Up

Nice idea

Needs insulation.[EOF]

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And a mini cotter pin to keep the screw bit secure.

The post is required, and must contain letters.

2. LinkOfHyrule
    Paris Hilton

You missed one BIG key feature

You missed one BIG key feature - it also makes for a handy go-anywhere nose picker!

Paris cos she also goes-anywhere!

3. GrahamT
    FAIL

Limited use

A Swiss army knife gives you all this + knives, corkscrew, magnifying glass, can opener, compass, usb stick, pliers, scissors, tweezers, toothpick and a tool for getting boyscouts out of horses hooves. And it fits on a (bloody big) keyring.

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

true, but...

try taking a Swiss army knife through airport security. I bet you'd have little problem with this gadget.

[facepalm] silly me. We ARE talking about TSA morons here. Never mind. [/facepalm]

4. Stevie

Bah!

Any techno-type worth his/her salt already carries a Swiss Army Knife 8and* a Leatherman tool or two on their belt 24X7 along with a pouch of alternate bits for the driver thingy on the Leatherman. Why would they need either this lame screwdriver *or* the integral bottle opener? They already can remove or tighten just about any fastener made by human hands and a crown cork is no challenge to such portable tooliness.

This seems to be something for the lame straight "passing" in the tech world.

As such, no stars.

1. Cameron Colley

I hope you're not in the UK.

As it is now illegal to carry a locking blade knife in this country.

1. Stevie

Bah!

You've only yourselves to blame. Vote for nanny state politicos and you end up with a camera-infested nanny state.

I moved out in the 80s to where a man o' tools can breathe free with his folding pliers. And, if need be, his power washer, chainsaw and flamethrower (though the flamethrower is illegal for certain applications in NY).

2. The Fuzzy Wotnot
      Happy

Yep!

In the UK? You step onto private property and you will get done by Plod or some rent-a-cop, for "going equipped".

Only tools allowed on the streets these days, are the ones in suits canvassing for votes every few years!!!

5. npupp 1

Title

Drinking beer and (dis)assembling. A marriage made in heaven. What could possibly go wrong... -.-

6. c-hri-s
    FAIL

Tool

... and have your keys confiscated each time you board an aeroplane. Great tool.

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Tool

Put the driver bit in your luggage, and keep the bottle opener with you. No problem, mr airport security goon.

1. david bates

No need....

The screwdriver bit will be lost within DAYS. Either that or the hospital will throw it away when they remove it from the hole its gouged in your leg.

You can probably kiss goodbye to your mobile screen as well if you happen to use the wrong pocket.

7. Annihilator
    Coat

But..

Can you play it on a plane? Me guesses confiscation ahoy!

Let's limit the comments to 140 characters too!

8. Mikey 1
    Coat

Jimmy Buffet -

"I really do appreciate the fact you're sittin here,

Your voice sounds so wonderful,

But yer face don't look too clear.

So bar maid bring a pitcher, another round o brew,

Honey, why don't we get drunk and screw"

9. SirTainleyBarking
    Grenade

Alcohol

and the ability to take things apart is a very dangerous combination

10. Barry Rueger
    Thumb Down

What? No Robertson?

Sorry, but as any mechanically inclined Canadian knows, a screwdriver that lacks Robertson bits is only second rate.

11. b166er

Ah but...

does the bit-holder fit DVI/VGA/COM connector bolts?

12. Mephistro
    Thumb Down

Could come in handy

It looks as a perfect push dagger.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

What utter, utter tripe

The biggest waste of cash ever, for the worlds most pointless invention.

I'll have six please. :-)

14. Greg Fawcett
    Thumb Down

Bye bye credit cards...

... if that nice strong magnet gets anywhere near your wallet.

15. M0SNR
    Coat

Beer

I hope that beer is proper Belgian brewed Wifebeater rather than the UK brewed nonce-beer or the 4% "when she only needs a slap" beer :)

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Did anyone else see the black mesa logo?

I want that now.

17. Ian Ferguson
    Dead Vulture

Txt take?

Nice idea, but a 'txt' contains 160 characters, it's twitter that limits you to 140 characters.

This topic is closed for new posts.