back to article Sony Ericsson Zylo

The world + dog may be knocking out smartphones like there's no tomorrow but that's not to say the feature phones is dead and buried. The Zylo handset from Sony Ericsson would, once upon a time, have had a W code to show it sat in the Walkman range, but the days of simple delineation between music (Walkman) and camera (Cybershot …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. thomas k.

Zylo

OMG! I actually know a guy named Zylo - can't wait to tell him Sony named a phone after him.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

FastPort Adapter

Worth asking in store as the reviewer suggested. I picked one of these for my son as a combo phone and music player when he went back to school and told the lass in the 3 Store I'd pony up for the phone on PAYG if they would chuck in an adapter and indeed a deal was done. Bought the lad a new pair of earphones in the shop for a tenner too, so they came out ahead in the end.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wot? No 3.5 mm socket?

Why, Sony, why? Have you got a death wish? Do you want to sell anything?

Even the original cassette tape Walkmans in the '80s had a 3.5mm socket.

Who the hell is going to buy this?

4. Richard 116
    Happy

That skin!

I'd pay 90 quid just to have a phone with that cassette skin!

5. JohnnyWas
    Coat

Damn............

I thought Sony had gone and bundled a cassette Walkman into a mobile phone. I really miss the tape getting snagged, that hiss, the wow and flutter as the tape stretched/tape transport wobbled and the need to click open a cover to change tapes....oh, wait, at least I did not have to dismantle my Walkmen to change tapes.....maybe mobile phone co.s COULD learn from the past.

Mines the one with the lopsided pocket cos it's full of tapes

6. Matthew Barker
    Thumb Down

Meh

Given that 4 of the last 5 Sony Ericsson handsets my family members have had have failed in less than a year, I think I'll give it a miss.

Formerly good quality. Now down the toilet, as far as I'm concerned.

7. Lottie

I love that skin

That media player skin is awesome! I'd love to have a phone with it on.

Also, cute guinea pig!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Sony's music collection

"Choose the cassette theme and the spools turn and the track information appears hand written on the content strip."

Handwritten? OMFG! Sony are encouraging consumers to become "teh piratz"!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like